'PPC in the park' shite survey

Mr_Bo11ox

Alright gang,

Looks like a fun day has been had by all on here. :? I've spent the day at mallory park courtesy of my mate who had a spare ticket for this do, so today we stoked up his Rover 600 diesel and whizzed down to the lovely Leicestershire countryside to see what interesting clunkers would surface.

It was not a massive do, but there was plenty of folk blezzing round the track, and a bit of drifting and what have you so lots to look at. In no particular order:

P1010092.jpg

I recognise this from somewhere, does it belong to someone off her?

P1010067.jpg

This loked WELL WEAPON, the lad who owned it only looked about 23, I would say he's destined for great things based on his transport.

P1010066.jpg

Unusual to see a stripped-out reliant track weapon;

P1010064.jpg

To my surprise the interior appeared to be pretty much straight as it left the factory

P1010065.jpg

The lad had removed much of the floor, presumably he viewed it as dead weight

P1010062.jpg

Love that, thinking of getting a tattoo of it

P1010069.jpg

Fiat 133!!! You dont see those every day

P1010070.jpg

P1010071.jpg

It had a Simca badge on, and sure enough the engine, bizarrely, was a Simca item. I presume it had a simca 1000 transaxle, and maybe a 1294 or 1442 simca engine?

P1010086.jpg

Soe terrible welding on it though!

P1010072.jpg

There was a couple of deafening dragsters on display, I love those straps to catch the top end of the engine if/when it blows itself to shit.

P1010068.jpg

A whole world of donuts right there. You can only imagine the look of wonder on the leather jacket guys face.

P1010073.jpg

Ooohh look at that Chevette axle!!!

P1010076.jpg

A chap was using this laurel for drifting. Good looking car, I loved it!

P1010075.jpg

The lad was too cool for school. While the rest of the drifters were hurriedly checking to make sure their reg plates were suitably skew-whiff and that they hadn't accidentally put two matching wheels on, he was sat in the Laurel, on his own, hat + shades on, chilling and listening to some ambient house. He'd left all the interior trim in the car, reckoning it was part of its character, the guy was cool as ice and the car was mintola. 176/10

P1010106.jpg

P1010078.jpg

ARGH!!!! It says 'JOHN BOYS BIG TOY' on the bottom of the reg plate. Give me strength!!!

P1010114.jpg

To his credit he did blezz the PT Kroozer round the track. I imagine these cars to all be owned by faintly desperate 'uncool dad' Hugh Dennis-type characters. 'Whats this? its got a good beat' etc.

P1010079.jpg

Not entirely sure what this sticker means, but I like it.

I've got a few more, but i'm knocking off now to watch 'Wallander', L8RZ

Guest Leonard Hatred

The DRIFTN Laurel is a class act. I like your eye for details.

I'll have to watch Wallander later on the iPlayer.

Im pretty sure the owner of the Datsun is on RR. I've seen pics of it before for sure.

Im with Mr B on the Laurel love, it looks like a pretty cool old thing. I imagine it'd look 10x better on matching wheels. What did it go like? Had it had a Skyline RB lump lobbed in it or something?

Anyway, GR9 pics, cheers Bolleux for taking the time to post them.

I'll be "doing " ppc when my SIlvia is rolling again. The rims on the rear of that Laurel are Nissan OEM and are basically worthless so the driftys treat them like disposeable wheels, which is why you usually see them on the rear with shattered tyres.

OK Wallander is finished now.

P1010087.jpg

Looked suitably 'used', nice work.

P1010081.jpg

OK ITS SIMCA TIME - This one was an 1100Ti, with the twin solex carbs, never seen one before!

P1010084.jpg

WOWZ!

P1010085.jpg

This thing was absolutley MINT. What a honey!

P1010083.jpg

What can I say? Except that i would LOVE a shot in one of these, hint hint

P1010080.jpg

SIMCA TRACK DAY HERO! Sadly his oil pump had gone south. This 1100 had a twin-choke weber and Solara 5-speed box (which entailed removing half the inner wing). I think the wheels are Lancia Beta items.

P1010090.jpg

Dunno what these wheels are, but they looked great on this.

P1010091.jpg

This wasnt shite at all, dunno why i photographed it really

P1010093.jpg

I tried to niftily frame this photo so you could see the owner's 'MK2CAV.COM' hoody top through the windscreen, which had an unrecogniseable screen print of a cavalier on it. I suspect you cant really see it properly though, so:

P1010088.jpg

I managed to discreetly 'do him from behind' later on. That will teach him!

P1010100.jpg

Heres another one. My mate pointed out that, although these are supa rare, theres usually one or two hopeless examples floating round eBay for a couple of hundred quid.

P1010095.jpg

This nova was immaculate, the body was supa straight. It had a 1600 16v from a Tigra or something. He was caning it round the track till it started shitting oil out the breather pipe. Lovely car though.

P1010099.jpg

'What might have been' eh Pog? Arf Arf!!!

P1010097.jpg

This was mega straight too, supa neat panel gaps. I would have liked to hit it with my polishing mop though

P1010113.jpg

Dunna what had been going on here, next stop china for this Vectra though i suspect. 2.6 V6 as well

P1010110.jpg

This was BEAUTIFUL inside and out and had a mega neat supercharger no bigger than an alternator. Hope he's got plenty of headgaskets! Ho ho ho.

P1010108.jpg

This had an MGF floorpan and was a work of art!!! He was gunning it round the track and it was supa planted and quick. The interior was great too, included the MGF centre console and floor shift. I repeat - A WORK OF ART.

P1010112.jpg

I didnt even knowingly take this photo, it had just appeared in my camera when i got home, so i have included it for your delectation.

TrevorMcDonald460.jpg

And Finally.... I picked up these class stickers in my favourite local car accessory shop the other day, i think they have had em in a box for 20 years! HOPE U LIKE

P1010115.jpg

P1010080.jpg

SIMCA TRACK DAY HERO! Sadly his oil pump had gone south. This 1100 had a twin-choke weber and Solara 5-speed box (which entailed removing half the inner wing). I think the wheels are Lancia Beta items.

That clears up the question about the wheels on this utter honey, as I thought they looked a little like Delta 14" alloys. I am surprised that they share the same PCD, however.

P1010081.jpg

OK ITS SIMCA TIME - This one was an 1100Ti, with the twin solex carbs, never seen one before!

Cheers again BOL.

That nova is flippin' gorgeous and the Withnail-ish Jag is a work of art....

I'd like to have a poke around the 2VGF, I think I'd have painted it that burnt orange colour that Dyanes came in....

Lots of 'want' in those pictures, cheers for sharing and all that. The Simca Ti looks like a local registered one, would put a few quid on it being from (W)Anchor Motors.

+1 on the usually seen cheap on eBay Mk2 Cavalier convertables, seems to me there was always a couple of cheap examples going. Wht used to do my box in was when some muppet would fit a fake Calibre bodykit to them and paint it some garish coolour. Honestly believe these were the first of the 'Red Top C20XE NOT C20LET' spackers that mongulated themselves around internet auction sites.

Very nice pics, and a really surprising amount of shite. Love the linup of Simcas, and I strangely like that Honda - not usually my thing, but it actually looks really well done.

Note the bonus Will Holman Capri in the background of the Dyane picture.

Never seen so many Simcas in one place in the UK!

GT6 wheels possibly Jaaaag or MG Montego/Maestro?

A friend of my dads had a Beta cabriolet (the targa top one) with the same wheels as the blue Simca - he said they were standard fit 'Cromadoras' (sp?).

Oh, and another vote for that Mk2 Cav t-shirt actually having a BX printed on it!