I may have just bought..........update

Rocket88

Good for you, I have been drooling over an orange one in our works car park today complete with a black soft top, was here last year so must have come out of hybernation, its totally mint. :mrgreen:

Can we have some pics please, Good luck with it. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well readers Colc has just acquired this delightful vehicle from yours truely, the aforementioned punter asked if I could stick some pictures up as he'd be too busy cleaning his bonnet bra on his Pissrat so here it is in all its vibrant glory:

dog-poo.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

WHAT A HUNNY!

Wasn't there some TV detective who minced about in one of these?

TV detectives always have the best cars (except Lewis. He's rubbish)

TV detectives... may I nominate DI Jack Frost as our honourary shite policeman?

No it was wearing its original steel wheels then I fitted some BMW alloys which you see there but its now sat on its original wheelage, either way its always had a matching set of wheels thanks.

It was imported into Jersey in August 1989, oddly I have been in with contact with a previous UK owner who wanted to buy it back. When I got it it had a dodgy starter motor, a banjaxed alternator regulator (which is a seperate unit bolted on the wing) and a bolloxed clutch slave cylinder but after getting a dry bumming from Jaymic I replaced these and used a starter from an old E30 which used the same engine, its been a joy to work on although the brake servos are fucked and thats servos as in plurel, I bought some but its just one of those cars where I had unexplicably lost interest.

Unfortunately Colin wasn't biting with my Brewer style 'Hold ya haand aaat fella' patter and offered a sincere "fuck off" fair enough. Anyway the deal was done, so are you going to buy a bonnet bra for this one Colin? :lol:

TV detectives... may I nominate DI Jack Frost as our honourary shite policeman?

Absolutely. He drives some QUAL chod throughout the series.

The '02 is a corker.

GR8 colour, GR9 interior and tourings are for winners.

Im a big fan of old BMW's there good motors if maintained properly and last forever. Probably not quite as good as old Mercs, but up there

A friend of the family used to have a 2002 (2 door saloon) in the same colour! Superb, certainly attract attention

Well, having just bought the rancid old dog from the Shitemeister, I've got to decide what to do with it. It looks a bit silly on the standard STEELZ, the bodywork is a bit crumbly here and there, the dash top is cracked etc etc etc. On the bright side, it started on the .0009876 litre of pez that was in it, so it can't all be bad.

Only winners drive old BMW 02's. I might be able to supply you a book if your interested, the 02 restoration guide, EVERYTHING you need to know about the 2002 is in it.

Looking forwards to seeing the photos.

Yes please Sir Trigz, can you pm me with how much, and I'll send a cheque

Well, having just bought the rancid old dog from the Shitemeister, I've got to decide what to do with it. It looks a bit silly on the standard STEELZ, the bodywork is a bit crumbly here and there, the dash top is cracked etc etc etc. On the bright side, it started on the .0009876 litre of pez that was in it, so it can't all be bad.

Fuck me you want a car with petrol? what next? also that rag placed on the dash was to stop the crack getting bigger no to hide it, that would have been the sort of thing a shyster would do :D but the funniest bit was you exclaiming that "At least the dash isn't cracked" whilst simultaneously moving the strategically placed rag to reveal a crack the size of which you could have fallen into.

...and its not crumbly its character :D

Yes please Sir Trigz, can you pm me with how much, and I'll send a cheque

PM replied to cocker!

I've seen this one at a few local shows, the guy has owned it for 20 years, it's taken that long to restore it he said!

4945952419_2feeec7a05_z.jpg

1974 BMW 2002 Touring by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

4946543456_315428e786_z.jpg

1974 BMW 2002 Touring by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

After many shenanigans[!] the orange turd is once more back on the road. In spite of the shitemeister's predictions of OMGSEVOPHAIL, it transpired that some twonk had neglected to fit ANY brake pads to one of the front wheels. Callipers promptly gripped disc, refused to retract, much unpleasant grinding etc, etc, etc. Plug leads were banjaxed, as well as other minor trivialities. One of the rear wheel bearings is having a bit of a moan, but adise from that, all seems well. Now it's fixed, I've go to decide wether I keep it, or punt it on. Any takers?