AS/OJC weekend at the Bubblecar Museum

Ratdat

Right people, time to get this thing organised properly. I was going to go down the route of entry forms etc but for 30 or so people it doesn't seem worth it.

I need confirmation of who is coming and on what days, who is camping and wether with a tent of a caravan. Do you want to bring a caterer in for a fiver a head to do a BBQ of do you want to just bring your own food? We can use their BBQ facilities if so. Once I have definate confirmation of who from AS is going then we'll put it to people on OJC so if you want to go let me know ASAP because the available space might fill up quickly with OJC'ers otherwise. I think it'll be thrown open to OJC members over the weekend (Hirst?)

Here's the info you need to know...

The meet is at the..

Bubble Car Museum

Byard's Leap

Cranwell

Lincolnshire NG34 8EY

It's on the 31st May and the 1st June.

You can see what the place looks like on page 4 in this thread.

Camping is available on Friday and saturday night. It costs £5 per tent per night or £7 per night with a caravan (that includes a mains hookup). If you want to have a caterer it's will depend on the number attending as it's requires a minimum of 30 people.

Please can people who are definately going to attend PM me and let me know the following...

Name & email address

What nights you are staying if at all and whether in a tent or a caravan.

Your preference regarding the BBQ.

I am going to chance it collecting the money on the day. This means I will have to stump up the cash to pay the Bubble Car Museum if anyone doesn't pay so please do! It may be possible to pay at the desk in the museum which will make things easier. I will also be hiring a marquee for the weekend which costs £75. I figure if everyone gave £1 it'd mostly pay for it so again I'll be relying on folks to do this on the day. Basically, if you do the whole weekend, camping both Friday and Saturday it'll cost you £11 which isn't exactly expensive.

As we'll have a marquee with lighting plus tables and chairs etc, we will have a place to gather and chin wag in the evenings. I'm thinking of maybe bringing a TV and video/DVD to have in there too plus some shite automotive viewing which can be in use all day too so if you have something cool to watch you think other shiters would enjoy bring it along. Noise there isn't too much of an issue I have been assured. Bring your own beers etc if you want as there's most likely isn't an offey near by (I'll find out where the nearest is)There is a cafe and a garage as well as a B+B there though.

Although it's unlikely to apply to AS members, I will just add that there are a few things to bear in mind. No clowning around in motors as the place is too small and too much potential for disaster, no wheelspinning on their lovely grass and take any rubbish away with you. No fires on the ground either! I'm pretty sure we'll only have proper sentient humans attending rather than slack jawed chavs so there should be no issues but I do want to keep it enjoyable and not upset them so we can meet there again.

Finally, if anyones plans change before the event LET ME KNOW!

Any questions?

-Ed

(don't suppose this can be stickied can it?... anyone? If not i'll just bump it to the top a few times :wink: )

I would be delighted to go, on me todd as the missus only does hotels and I'm skint, but I won't know before the day, can I just turn up? If I do it will be in my INCREDIBLY shite Renault 12 Estate, my god it's bad, can I get pissed on cheap cider and kip in it...after I've irritated the life out of everyone and tried to cop off with all the women?

I would be delighted to go, on me todd as the missus only does hotels and I'm skint, but I won't know before the day, can I just turn up? If I do it will be in my INCREDIBLY shite Renault 12 Estate, my god it's bad, can I get pissed on cheap cider and kip in it...after I've irritated the life out of everyone and tried to cop off with all the women?

If all the places aren't full by the event then you could just turn up. I need to limit the munbers because the place isn't very big hence only having a limited number. I expect you'll still have to pay for camping even if you kip in a motor.

If all the places aren't full by the event then you could just turn up. I need to limit the munbers because the place isn't very big hence only having a limited number. I expect you'll still have to pay for camping even if you kip in a motor.
absolutely!

Not definitely able to say yay or nay, but will try and get along on the Saturday if possible. Is that "Autoshite Day" or "OJC" day? Bringing an elderly French diesel to the latter presumably is a "black ball" offence? 8)

I think we're all pretty open-minded :wink: Whatever, the museum is worth the visit.I'll be in an American-built mid-90s car, where does that fit in?! Still, unless someone turns up in an old Cedric or Crown estate I can pretty much guarantee I'll be the only one there with twin rear wipers...

Not definitely able to say yay or nay, but will try and get along on the Saturday if possible. Is that "Autoshite Day" or "OJC" day? Bringing an elderly French diesel to the latter presumably is a "black ball" offence? 8)

Neither. I decided against pitching it as a meet specifically for both or either forums. Maybe next year if this works out I'll do one specifically for AS and another for OJC on a seperate weekend. Depends how much interest there is.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ratdat noticing nigel bickle is attending your event being cheeky shall i ask him nicely to bring 11 bits up for you ? my 11 will be crushed by then but can get mirrors and anything else off for you still not acessed large crate of h lamps yet as stacked rather precariously in my workshop but will look very soon :D cheers paul

hi ratdat noticing nigel bickle is attending your event being cheeky shall i ask him nicely to bring 11 bits up for you ? my 11 will be crushed by then but can get mirrors and anything else off for you still not acessed large crate of h lamps yet as stacked rather precariously in my workshop but will look very soon :D cheers paul

Hi Paul,That woud be great if you could. I haven't had any luck getting mirrors of any kind yet so they'd be most appreciated!-Ed