Bromley Pageant 2011 - Southern shiteists assembly?

Alexg

http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/

Ok a confession, I have never been to the Bromley Pageant despite only living 45 minutes away!

Its not just 45 mins away on the day. Its at least 2 hours with the overpowering smell of overheating engines and exhaust fumes all the way. Although I have only been there in imps so it might be different for other people.

Might go -but no idea what in -half the dailies will have been swopped over by then.

I dont tend to prebook to get 'in' . I'm quite happy to avoid those awful queues and drive straight in to the Punters park. Few hours wombling then away cleanly. Preferable -every time.

Dont mind an M"5 ish realted meet up- on that kinda basis

Might go -but no idea what in -half the dailies will have been swopped over by then.

I dont tend to prebook to get 'in' . I'm quite happy to avoid those awful queues and drive straight in to the Punters park. Few hours wombling then away cleanly. Preferable -every time.

Dont mind an M"5 ish realted meet up- on that kinda basis

Tempted to go but usually take muckerbike to a. avoid traffic chaos and b. stops me buying too much old crap! oh and c. remove possibility of almost running over a Met plod who luckily turned out to be a mate from school....

I'm here!

Not been online much recently, as I moved house 3 weeks ago. The internet's only just been activated and so far the connection's been pretty shit. I'm catching up slowly, but it takes a long time to read a month's worth of Autoshite!

Anyway, I'll probably be going to Bromley but as usual I have spectacularly failed to get anything interesting ready in time, so I expect it'll be the shitty old Astra again (now with non-functioning stereo GR8 4 BEIN BORD).

Happy to offer a lift if you want Scott, and as you'll have been in the USA for ages the Astra is sure to seem like an exotic and unusual vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

It has but i don't fancy driving a 4 hour round trip in it just for the day with the family and dog in tow plus the Mondeo would be cheaper.

If i had thought about it more i would have booked the Kadett in as it's only £5 each per couple then.

What a wash out, rained all day, lots of cars left early or didn't even turn up and the field leaving was a mud pit, my Mondeo made a hell of a bang as it grounded out in the mud and i lost part of my tow bar.

I did see lots of cool stuff though and i saw landy109's Maestro and Craig's Allegro, I've got lots od photos.