Return of the Slot Mag!!

CreepingJesus

Thanks Mr Pillock for giving me a bit of info on the Geminis. I hadn't realised that they were a 'rare' wheel. My intention is to get them properly refurbished, mainly as they are what the van came with, plus I don't have a set of the original steels the van would have left the OM factory with. Also the previous owner said it 'handled' better on the wider Geminis than the original steels... :lol:

@ Mr Lovejoy - The NOS repair panel didn't come from M Fancy in deepest darkest Devon, but from Italian E-bay, with the assistance of Google translate...

@ Pompei - Malcom Fancy closed about 18 months or so ago but has been gradually selling off his vast stock of Italian parts and spares on E-bay under the

ID of ' nejgam48 ' - hope this is of some use to you Andy.

What ho, Mr. Vin, many thanks for that snippet of info: Mr. Malcolm Fancy I knew quite well, he went to live in Corfu !

I bet there are hundreds of rusty Fiats out there to play with !!

But his son still runs the unit at Buckland Newton, (Dorset, Devon's the next one down :lol: ) and it's only a pleasant hour's drive for me, past some delightful pubs in even more delightful villages along the River Piddle ( :mrgreen: ) in my Pandora, so always a pleasure to toddle over there at 35 -40 mph and hold up all the idiots in their Itchypussi Pajeros !

I am looking for some alloys for mine, and would love to get a set of early X/19 3-spokers, but I am told the stainless centre trims always fall out; what width are yours? they look like 5 1/2's ??

I am looking for some alloys for mine, and would love to get a set of early X/19 3-spokers, but I am told the stainless centre trims always fall out; what width are yours? they look like 5 1/2's ??

I remember reading an article in Practical Classics about 15 years ago about an old boy who'd done a really top-notch restoration on an X19, he couldn't find any centre caps for those wheels but the nearest thing he found was a paint pot lid so he bought a few of these new lids (from the places that mix your paint up obvioulsy) and they fitted like a glove and looked spot-on, you really couldn't tell they looked anything but standard and it would be a true Autoshite stylee solution. :D

Wrap some masking tape round the X1/9 centre caps and they stay put forever. Later ones had plastic caps. be careful with these though as the early Cromodora 3 spokes were'nt designed for tubeless tyres.

I remember reading an article in Practical Classics about 15 years ago about an old boy who'd done a really top-notch restoration on an X19, he couldn't find any centre caps for those wheels but the nearest thing he found was a paint pot lid so he bought a few of these new lids (from the places that mix your paint up obvioulsy) and they fitted like a glove and looked spot-on, you really couldn't tell they looked anything but standard and it would be a true Autoshite stylee solution. :D

I remember that article- it was a red one, but was a woman who restored it I think? I'll have to go and dig it out now..

I remember that article, and the name of the paint company whose lids the chap used: Cementone Beaver (how could I forget a name like that?). Apparently, they don't exist any more, though.

Anyone know what a set of BRMs like the ones on Seth's Herald would be worth? 5.5 X 13, Ford fitment... I'm wondering how hard I should kick myself for selling them for £80 a few years ago... :roll:

More than in Triumph fitment. I was told they were an option on Lotus Cortinas or something? That might be one for the myth thread though. Anyhow, an easy £200 I'd have said if in decent nick.

Goodwoodbc0410_005.jpg

Anyone know what a set of BRMs like the ones on Seth's Herald would be worth? 5.5 X 13, Ford fitment... I'm wondering how hard I should kick myself for selling them for £80 a few years ago... :roll:

...an easy £200 I'd have said if in decent nick.

OUCH! My poor shins! :roll: