Welding gas

Angrydicky

Just wondered what 'shiters do for gas when they need to weld up old shitheaps? Me and my dad have just bought a 'new' MIG welder, and it came with a three foot high bottle of CO2/Argon mix, and a label saying "Property of BOC Limited". Up until now we've managed on the little disposable bottles, but they are crap and very expensive. Although the big bottle is working well at the moment, what can I do when I need to exchange it? I have been told BOC is clamping down on unregistered bottles being refilled.

Thats your only option for that bottle, BOC won't change it unless you open an account with them which can be a right ballache plus they will tigerbum you for the rental costs every year/

I would get a pub CO2 bottle off ebay or from a pub, and get a local fire extinguisher shop to fill it up for you for £15/time, thats what I do. I defo would not put up with those punk-a$$ white disposable bottles, f**k that sh*t with a gorilla c*ck man

BOC will change a bottle as long as you have an account.

Getting an account is easy..............but they are VERY expensive. From memory rental for mine is £35/year. Then changing a bottle is £35. Then the sucker punch...........delivery is about £25.........so you collect...........and get a £12 collection charge.

Get on google........they are plenty of cheaper suppliers!

Nice one. I suppose I'll have to look out for one of these "pub bottles" when the one I have runs out. I assume you can't get it refilled by a fire extinguisher company if it's company branded?

Mine says 'property of Elgoods Brewery' or somthing stamped into it, but 2 different fire extinguisher shops have filled it up without complaint. One of them did pressure test it and date stamp it though which cost an extra £20, apparently that has to be done every 10 years OMG HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICE, FUGGIN BRUSSELS BUREAUCRATS etc