French Collection - a few samples by Mr-Reno-139

mr-reno-139

well as renaults seem to be popular at the moment thought i would post a few of mine (and a few sneaky shots from my friends collection)

Posted Image

one owner 33,000 mile renault 4 was given to me last year as had been garage stored for 10 years and excecutors were going to scrap it

i got it motd with very little work

it has now gone to scotland (but i did own it when i first joined here but hadnt sussed posting pics )

Posted Image

5gtx i sold on ebay last year (wonder if it made the tat thread)

Posted Image

F6 van i bought recently fairly terminal and will break it end of may when mot expires :( + my avatar car pictured last week following 6yr hibernation (self built in 1985)

Posted Image

Posted Image

extra points for correctly naming engine source

Posted Image

recent purchase possibly rare as is phase 1 turbodx (ive never seen another one)

Posted Image

still got this one

Posted Image

and bought this one recently as donor vehicle but engine is u/s and cant test G/box used to belong to mayoress of worthing tax expired 1998 !

Posted Image

this was the non concours 4x4 12 estate mr bickle took the running gear from last year :shock:

Posted Image

another shot from my friends garden recently (red safrane now crushed)

Posted Image

also from my friends barn a quick quiz shot (name the car and the engine )

hopefully this will confirm my qualifications to be a member of this forum

(havent posted pics of my collection less than 15yrs old as stiil every day cars)

very sadly unable to find my albums going back 30 years,

as over the years since i passed my test in a £27 R10

i have actually had on the road at least one of the following 4,5,6,7,8,9,10.11,12 14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,25,30, trafics and master

shame most of them went rusty :(

paul

(more pics on request as takes ages typing one finger )

The phase 1 19 Turbo diesel is certainly rare, I only ever saw 3 or 4 of them even when they were new. Does it have GTS or TSE interior trim (looking at your pic the headrests look like TSE ones)

Re: the Renault 20, there is a fella here in Ireland selling 3 Renault 20s and is threatening to crush them by the end of the month if they don't sell. Now we've all come across the "I'll crush it, I really will" sales tactic on ebay before so it's hard to know. Two of the 20s are said to be in good condition with the other one being possibly a spares only car.

Posted Image

also from my friends barn a quick quiz shot (name the car and the engine )

Looks like an a 1400 Sierra engine in the back of an R8/R10? Is the lump from an R5, or even a Volvo 340? Carb looks quite small?

Mine (R11-sourced) looked like that at least. :)

Posted Image

extra points for correctly naming engine source

Was it from a 16TS? (scary if it was! :shock: )

back again renault fans

cant get the hang of the quote thing

regie ritmo- no older pics at moment only recent stuff ie digital

did scan some several years ago but pc died

my dad is going to dig some out for me or may have to rescan albums when i find them

sadly didnt realise at the time how interesting old car pics would be later on in life :) so havent got pics of everything any way

to renomad- i am only a good friend of the ( also mad ?) renault /alpine collector you have been in contact with

only the trusted few are alowed acess to his stock and i am working for him every thursday- he now knows that i have been posting here so now in trouble :)

Posted Image

this is what was left after nigel bickle removed the gearbox and axle from 4x4 12 estate

Posted Image

11 boston for sale or will be scrapped end may

Posted Image

heavy clutch and mot failure (not bad but lost keys )will probably be scrapped there is a very retro graphic equalizer in it if any body wants it

Posted Image

Posted Image

have got complete set of espaces at the moment :D

blue r4 is now living in livingstone scotland

quiz answers -well done mouseflakes knew you would be closest guess

Posted Image

yellow R4 is 16TX powered 20TL bell housing 5 gordini turbo gearbox currently at my workshop after its 6 year hibernation

Posted Image

the R8 has got 5GT turbo engine has been sitting for a while ?? in the barn and was bought non running and i havnt been allowed to investigate further yet as it is not mine :(

time for work now :(

paul C

What can I say? I'm overwhelmed! :D I'm just wondering what you might have offered if I'd got the questions completely right! (though, if you'd offered a ride in the 16TX-engined R4 buggy, I'd have declined it for reasons of underpant preservation)Thanks Paul - a very grateful PM has been sent!