13 V5c's from Swansea in one day, a record?

capsuleboy

Sorry- but when I moved last i sent them in, in batchs of 25 at a time. Didnt send the next lot until the last ones were returned. At no time did I get 25 back without phonecalls, chasing.

Hope its a load better now.

LEGEND.

25 fit nicely in an A4 envelope -(recorded) and are pretty easy to keep an eye on. I never send off the next set until ALL were back -which varied between 3 days & 6 weeks. Last time -about 4 years back it was 5 envelopes plus bits & pieces, but Ii didnt bother with thos registered to the farm -as they're still there! And theres a good few still on old V5's that I've let slip...

No real idea -to be honest. Well upwards of 150.. inc m/bikes. But, there is a smattering of scrappers in there (for parts) plus a few on t'continent.

Bearing in mind I currently reside in a semi, I've 7 in the garage, 9 in the rear garden, 10 out front & 4 in the adjacent layby. Plus 6 bikes. Is that 30 -or 36?

The new barn should be finished in the next 4 weeks (roof went on this week, floors to finish)-just cant wait. Its bloody huge.. Then they'll ALL be coming out then -from their various boltholes, to go in their new dry secure home. Hopefully, if I've got my dimensions right, it should free up most (or all , with a squeeze) of one of the other sheds for a rebuild- after which i can add loads more! Marvellous.

Might be time for a bit of a clearout then though- cos I'm too old for some of them now -and SWMBO hates the exotica- wont let me use them. Says they're only for pulling...

150... why is this never a good argument when I try to convince my girlfriend that having just one old car isn't that stupid/costly.

I'd like to visit the barn just before I die, just to see what heaven might look like if it existed.

Its difficult -isnt it?

I'd love to show genuine enthusiasts- cos I'm pretty proud of some of the stuff in there. But last time I showed someone I trusted, a long time mate (a policeman) he absolutely loved it. Ravved- for hours..

Then told his teenage son; who told his mates- who decided to investigate. Yup -everything as stated. Wouldnt it be fun to lob a plastic 5 litre can half full of fuel in, lit, -to see what'll happen....

And so it bounced off the Standard 10 van in the 3rd row, landed beside the MK1 Triumph 2000, and quickly caught..

Took 13 fire engines over 12 hours. Had to build their own pond after they exhausted all the local supply....... They managed to save a few -but they were so damaged by the effect of grappling hooks that they're uneconomic.. I've sold on most -kept the Trabbie Tramp, Fiat 2300 & a couple more

And its not the first time.. many years back -when I had a barn near Lingfield,Surrey I tried to insure it |(Big mistake). They required such military defence that an Oik decided he needed to investigate with his JCB - just ramming a wall in. The damage & losses were huge- to their credit they paid out -but refused to renew.

So -now its plain view- with sensible security. And no one goes there.

Which can be a real pain -when i need a spare pair of hands.......

Its difficult -isnt it?

I'd love to show genuine enthusiasts- cos I'm pretty proud of some of the stuff in there. But last time I showed someone I trusted, a long time mate (a policeman) he absolutely loved it. Ravved- for hours..

Then told his teenage son; who told his mates- who decided to investigate. Yup -everything as stated. Wouldnt it be fun to lob a plastic 5 litre can half full of fuel in, lit, -to see what'll happen....

And so it bounced off the Standard 10 van in the 3rd row, landed beside the MK1 Triumph 2000, and quickly caught..

Took 13 fire engines over 12 hours. Had to build their own pond after they exhausted all the local supply....... They managed to save a few -but they were so damaged by the effect of grappling hooks that they're uneconomic.. I've sold on most -kept the Trabbie Tramp, Fiat 2300 & a couple more

And its not the first time.. many years back -when I had a barn near Lingfield,Surrey I tried to insure it |(Big mistake). They required such military defence that an Oik decided he needed to investigate with his JCB - just ramming a wall in. The damage & losses were huge- to their credit they paid out -but refused to renew.

So -now its plain view- with sensible security. And no one goes there.

Which can be a real pain -when i need a spare pair of hands.......

Wouldnt it be fun to lob a plastic 5 litre can half full of fuel in, lit, -to see what'll happen....

And its not the first time.. many years back -when I had a barn near Lingfield,Surrey I tried to insure it |(Big mistake). They required such military defence that an Oik decided he needed to investigate with his JCB - just ramming a wall in. The damage & losses were huge

I don't know how some people sleep at night, they must get off on being anti-social, sadistic yobs.....just for kicks, y'know!