The Simca Has Arrived!!!! ......... EL: Full story with pics

Mr H Sceptre

new headlights (I'm assuming the yellow ones will have to go?)

I don't think yellow headlights are illegal over here, are they?

I'm not sure, but the beam pattern will be wrong and requiring correction via RHD units?

Yellow lights are legal. Bit of tape on the lights will be sufficient for an MOT. i usually do this at the MoT -using his beam pattern to work out what needs blanking. However -most markings on the lense are pretty accurate.

What he says, though I've found yellow lights to be utterly crap here in the depths of Wales of a night! Have returned to white just until it gets lighter in the evenings. I miss the yellow signs/cats eyes!

I was told by the guy who MOT's my cars that as long as the speedo works they are not interested in whether it is in KMH or MPH!

Although, I believe the police can actually 'do you' for not having an MPH speedo if they pulled you over, an event unlikely in an old French car I would imagine. They certainly don't seem to pay me any attention anyway!

Top Johnny!!!

Just wonderful!

I don't think the speedo is a problem - they're only there to help you obey the speed limits. They're not tested on an MOT.

Most old Renners have a 'pimple and slot' arrangement on the headlamp bulb and holder that allows you to rotate the bulbs a few degrees to the left for UK roads. Does the Simca have something similar perhaps?

Early R16s had the foot operated washer too.

Cheers for your comments folks.

Just got to press on anf get her MOT'd and registered in the UK. The only main thing that is concerning me now is that for the registration document I need loads of info from the Certificate of Conformity. I don't posses this document. Reading on the internet, this is available from the Manufacturer, which in my case is long gone!! Any ideas how I can obtain this/get round this???

Dont worry -its 'pre conformity' Just fill in all you can -all that EC numbers stuff doesnt apply.

When I registered the 93 Gaz- I hadnt a clue on most of it, but I sent it in with all I had -and they were happy.

iIn the very small print will be the need to include your Driving Licence with the paperwork -for ID purposes. They seem far more interested in that than Conformity issues.

Advise going in, rather than posting