Fuel Price Rant Thread. HOW MUCH???????

warren t claim

Most of the people I see on the road must get their fuel for nothing, as they seem to be driving like they want to get burn as much as possible. And they all appear to have shares in a company that makes brake pads and brake light bulbs... :roll:

With regards to buses, the whole not giving change/breaking big notes thing would be negated if cash machines gave out pound coins - which they don't. Or if they had a change machine near the front of the bus - which they don't.

If you've just withdrawn a load of £20 notes, what are you supposed to do? Go round asking people if they'll change it for you?

Parking thing is mega irksome.

Some places have this "ringo" thing, which means you don't need actual cash, but they take the piss by charging extra than coins in the meter. Also, you can only have one car on their records at one time, and setting that up involves a fone-jacker-esque automated machine.

Please state your registration at the boop.

*BOOP*

J***XYZ

You have chosen to park your - GREEN ZWOROKIN PAL - at Hillingdon NCP. Is this correct?

No

*BOOP*

NO!

*BOOP*

J***XYZ

You have chosen to park your -BEIGE - CONTADINI LAMBRUSCO - at Richmond Hill. Is this correct?

No

*BOOP*

NO!

*BOOP*

J***XYZ

You have chosen to park your -RED EARNSHAW SUPER GUMBY - at Cambridge Parkway. Is this correct?

Fuck off

*BOOP*

FUCK OFF AND DIE, JUST CLAMOP THE FUCKER SO I DON'T SPEND THE REST OF MY NATURAL LIFE ON THIS BASTARD CALL!

Birkenhead has no parking spaces that aren't either pay for or residents parking only. This is 3 miles from Liverpool which has quite a few 'free pay' spaces, within 10 minutes walk into town. As a consequence, nobody used it over Xmas, which is good, because it's shit.

My local cheapest petrol station, 126.9 went up 128.9 today (which I saw from my bus going past).

Most of the people I see on the road must get their fuel for nothing, as they seem to be driving like they want to get burn as much as possible. And they all appear to have shares in a company that makes brake pads and brake light bulbs... :roll:

You know I see the same thing every day, must be some cheap source of fuel somewhere !?

The "paddy" tows a caravan, in which the driver lives.

:lol:

I drove through a place called Long Sutton today,£1.37 for petrol and £1.40 for diesel.I didn't stop as I think they still eat their young out there and everyone has webbed feet anyway.On a brighter note,Tesco's veg oil is less than a quid a litre atm.I clocked the price when I went shopping on Sunday.Leave basket in the isle go fetch trolley.

Some years ago I began to wish the price of fuel would double, my reasoning being that I would get a significant bit more MPG if such a price hike would remove the vacuous dreggy braindead shit that constantly fill every road, orchestrating rolling roadblocks, obstacle courses, testing my reaction time every bastard where I go, and fuck off back to whatever amused them before easy credit liberated the futile pointless scum.

The price of fuel has near enough doubled, and it's only got worse out there.

Although,,,, this year, I'm starting to notice monthly cycles of extra bad clusterfuckery on the roads at the beginning of the month, and then maybe 20ish days where it's a bit calmer. Menstrual? Or perhaps some fuel tanks only getting filled on payday.

Here's a rhetorical question on buses, trams and trains: when the first one leaves the depot in the morning, and the last one arrives back at night, how do the staff get to and from their place of work?

Where I work, by car, bicycle, motorbike and even on foot !

Good point Des.

I probably drive quicker/make more unneccessary journeys when the tank is full and as it's running out I slow down a bit so the payday theory makes sense to me.

I drove through a place called Long Sutton today,£1.37 for petrol and £1.40 for diesel.I didn't stop as I think they still eat their young out there and everyone has webbed feet anyway.On a brighter note,Tesco's veg oil is less than a quid a litre atm.I clocked the price when I went shopping on Sunday.Leave basket in the isle go fetch trolley.

Long Sutton on the cambs/Lincs border? near wisbech?

yaaarrrgghh!

I have spent many many days there - the company I used to work for has one of the largest food canning factories in europe. They make soup, bachelors peas, combat rations, tined vey and Fray Bentos Pies!

I know some love the flat land of that part of East AnGlar but being of caledonian birth, the lack of hills was very odd indeed.

My main recollections apart from the six fingers and sloping foreheads (present company excluded) was sooooo much veg and all being sold for peanuts at the road side. I used to stock up on sprouts and spuds before driving home.

My typical Thursday would be to leave Haertfordshire, drive to Long Sutton - pull a day there and leave for Edinburgh at 1700....it would take an hour to hit the A1 at Peterboro and then you had the nice warm knowledge that you had at least a 6 hour drive and more likely a 7-8 hour one to get home to scotland.....

ahhhh....those were the days!

Good point Des.

I probably drive quicker/make more unneccessary journeys when the tank is full and as it's running out I slow down a bit so the payday theory makes sense to me.

just filled up today at 132.9 for diesel (no £1 a litre oil in my Tesco) - well, I said I filled up, but I only got to 74 litres at the £99 cut off point, which means I will be due another £10 worth or so to fill to the brim!

All four road going vehicles are full of diesel or petrol - on the assumption that the fuel in your tank is better than money in the bank!

Price of petrol is a fucking joke now. just paid £1.45 in North London, if it carries on like this, I won't be driving any more come Christmas.

Once these greedy fuckers have driven us all off the roads, what'll they tax us on next, our footsteps?

Price of petrol is a fucking joke now. just paid £1.45 in North London, if it carries on like this, I won't be driving any more come Christmas.

Once these greedy fuckers have driven us all off the roads, what'll they tax us on next, our footsteps?

and yet I can get it for £1.28.9 here in Gloucester - I can't believe that some of this price hiking isn't blatant opportunism from petrol retailers!

Asda in Norwich was 127.9 for unleaded last night (probably gone up a couple of times since then though). That's about the cheapest [least expensive] round here. I stuck £15 in the Innocenti - when I bought the car, £15 was half a tank; now it's just over a quarter. :roll:

I'm pretty lucky in that I have a car that will do 45mpg and I live 6 miles from work so it's not affecting me too greatly but it will eventually I'm sure if it keeps on rising. I live in a village with a sporadic bus service which would cost me more to use than driving anyway whatever the price of fuel was I imagine. This is made worse by the fact I can only use the bus if I go to work and hour and a half early an hour late or if I walk to the next village first which is on the main route :lol:

Car sharing is an option for me with quite a few people here at work but I've generally found that most people want their own space and are prepared to pay the price of fuel to get that rather than share!

On the bright side - looking at the cost of living rises over the last 40 years, I'm fairly certain that booze and fags have gone up more than fuel, hard as it may be to believe. Added to which a lot of other stuff nowadays is much cheaper than it used to be and a lot of people are living beyond their means with debt and so on that the fuel rises are an easy thing to moan about. I'm not condoning the high price and duty but I'm just pointing out my take on it.

I live on my own by the way and do it quite frugally..... :lol::mrgreen:

I have to say I haven't noticed much stuff that's cheaper now than it used to be. Fuel ale and bifters are a right royal rip off IMHO and cost the average person a fortune. Regardless of the rights or wrongs with driving, smoking and drinking they are pleasures for millions of people.