Xantia Red Light still on (additional LHM Warning)

Guest Shain101

Good morning all and thanks in advance for any help you can give becuase my W Reg Citreon Xantia is giving me grief!

I recently had the red STOP light come on along with the warning light for the LHM fluid so I have added enough fluid (2 litres) to top the system up however, the red light still has not turned itself off as I was expecting.

There are no leaks, the suspension seems to work fine, I have done the acrobatics (suspension up to the top and then down to the bottom) more than once to help draw the fluid through. Everything looks, feels and drives fine BUT the damn stop light is still on along with the same warning light.

Please, for the love of god, can you help????

Thanks,

SHAIN

Try putting the suspension through half a dozen moves up & down. If this doesn't clear it there might be an air in the lines, although how it made it into the system's another matter. To clear the air lock you need to release the pipe from the fluid reservoir and allow the air to escape. I'm not going to suggest a way of doing this, since getting it wrong can prove injurious to health, to put it mildly! The Haynes book explains this properly and the method DOES work. If you're still stuck, may I suggest a call to PLEIDAES of Sawtry, Cambridgeshire, telephone 01487 831239. Excellent advice, helpful Citroen mechanics and loads of spare parts for sale at reasonable prices! AND they'll check your Citroen's hydraulics (by appointment)!

The Xantia's a great car-worth looking after!

I once took a CityRover in Px where the punter was bigging up the skills of his local garage. "There was a problem with the engine light" he said, "But they solved it in the end". I'm sure you can work out what I found on closer inspection. The old giffer didn't even notice

Black-Masking-Tape.jpg

I would tend to agree that it could be a low coolant warning,my worry would be where has 2 litres of LHM gone when the system is sealed.If the pump has been run dry it could be a problem.If you have been running the car with insufficient LHM I would make sure the brakes are working correctly,as they are not the primary circuit, the power steering is,so please check them before you take your loved ones for a drive. If you need to bleed the system look at the accumilater sphere,at the side of this is a 12mm bolt head that stands proud loosen this approximately half a turn,(with the engine running) for a few seconds then tighten.Check for a leak,most likely areas are O/S front leg pipe,Anti sink valve (under tank against chassis ) and pump body bolts loose.Hope this helps.