Sales and Wants

eddyramrod

I phoned my mate in England to wish him happy birthday, and in the course of conversation he mentioned he has a towbar he wants to sell, and a car with no towbar for which he needs one.

So, to sell: towbar for a 1997 Vectra Estate. Excellent condition, knowing Dave. He wants 65 notes for it, ono.

Wanted: towbar for a 1997 BMW 5-series saloon.

Dave is quite happy to do a simple swap as long as he gets what he wants, and he's willing to meet people at some reasonable point. He lives in Southport (PR8 on your satnav) so he would be prepared to go to (say) Burtonwood or maybe even Lymm or Forton. His phone number, which I have permission to post here, is 01704 538192. Please call at some reasonable time, like before 7pm.

He would also be interested in dressups for his 525, such as a boot spoiler.

So, after Dave set me thinking...

Rover SD1 recon radiator, from a 1986 2600 auto. It did about 5 miles before the engine died of other factors, so I salvaged it before scrapping the car. It's been among my car-boot stock ever since: 13 years. So there you are, a practically-new, drained rad, the one with four attachment points for the transmission cooler pipes. It's with another friend in Southport, PR8 again. PM me for a phone number. 40 portraits of Liz should see it safely into your boot and on your way home.

You'll no doubt be aware of the American police car I had for a while. Well while I had it I assembled a collection of police kit for it. I left them with another friend when I moved, so again they're in Southport. There's a Premier Hazard Maxim 90 lightbar, all-blue, with a white centre section that used to say "Ambulance." You can still see outlines of the letters, but it should be possible to buff that away. I just never tried very hard. The lights are untested, as the wiring was simply cut when the bar was removed from the donor and I never got around to re-wiring it. There's a complete siren kit by Whelen, including blue strobe lights and PA facility. Should even be an instruction book to help you install all this. I think there's also a UK CB radio, which I was quite happy to plant in the dash as my "police" radio. There were definitely some rear shelf lights, in red and blue. Finally (I think) the kit includes the flip-down dog guard from a Volvo 940 estate, which sat neatly over the front bench of my 1983 Plymouth to make the prisoner cage! You can have the whole lot for 200 ono, including anything I've forgotten to list that Andy shows you as part of the kit. Again, PM me for his number.

If you can lay hands on any Talbot Sunbeam front indicators, either whole units or just the lenses, please let me know too. And I still want a Wolseley 16/60 steering wheel and horn ring, complete and in pretty good condition.

I'm breaking an entire 1991 Volvo 480 S for bits (it's white), so if you want any bits that aren't electrical or light related (they're MINE!!!!!!) please PM.

Selling: Towing A-frame. I've never used it, I bought it with the deluded reasoning I could tow something home at 10pm at night without a torch.

Comes with FREE light board (still in packaging!) OMG! It's the chain and hook version (not ratchet). I should go into the advantages of it not being a ratchet strap version to get a sale (ie. 'NO MESSIN ROUND WITH SILLY STRAPS), but I don't know of any or even if it's better, but I think it can tow heavier vehicles, or maybe not, I'm no 'a-frame expert'. It won't tow a 7.5 tonne truck, but it'll tow your car. I'm looking for £100 OMG GR8/2 = 4 DEBA8ING LEGILITIES OV TOEING ON INTERNET FORRUMS. I CUD GET 5,000 POUNDS EASY ON EBAY SO NO DAFT OFERS!

happyacorn.gifelvissmile.gif

It looks like this ...

$(KGrHqN,!h0E1K716CYCBNY7bZRg+!~~_12.JPG

... but in black - ACE FOR EVADING COPPERS LOOKING FOR ILLEGAL A-FRAME IN THE NITE!

tag1.gif

I could drive down for DW's BX, seeing Station on the way, then tow the 'broo back... or maybe the sis's knackered Corsa would feel safer...

Yes, you should do that, I'll even meet you off the M6 and buy you a McDonald's coffee. :)

Ooooh that's an offer. This plan is coming together too well. Would the A-frame fit in a 3dr Corsa, seats down?

MUST. RESIST. DEATH BY SWMBO IMMINENT.

*opens new tab, google maps "BD23 to Aberystwyth" *