'VENGER BOYZ

Mr_Bo11ox

Hey AndrewE, I can assure you back in the day my welding was comparable with old Pauldaf44's efforts on his Triumph 1300.

Did a bit on the Avenger yesterday, fastened the 'spine' back into the wing and buggered about getting the door gaps right on the repaired wing when its nipped up.

P7020107.jpg

Spent a good few hours arsing about with it, would have done more today if I could kick this god-awful ear infection I sem to have gained. :x:x:x:x

Well done for doing that eh. I went through a priod of regular ear infections and I'd just stay in bed and be done with it.

Looks awesome, I dopped my Silvia wings off with one of the drifter garages last week for similar repairs. They always go at the base where the scuttle drain sends all the water and crap, with nowhere to go.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I take it Mr Boll no longer owns this fine steed. However manky it is now I shall still covet it....

My folks had one 1986-7ish after the Princess but before the 505. It was a 1.3 mingebag on an S plate. Grandparents drove it out to Spain late 1987 and used it until 1990 when grandad gave it to a local car collector.

Defo calendar material!  

Another stellar thread - hadn't seen this one before.  We had a Hillman Avenger estate in red when I was wee.  My brother and I used to always travel in the boot and throw things through the gaping holes above the wheels.

It'd be great to see some of these older 'threads I reckon. If anyone can think of some other favourites, defo give them an unexpected bump so we can share the joy!!! Maybe if one reappears, a mod could tag it as 'AS Classic' or something so we know we're looking at something worth trawling through.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

It'd be great to see some of these older 'threads I reckon. If anyone can think of some other favourites, defo give them an unexpected bump so we can share the joy!!! Maybe if one reappears, a mod could tag it as 'AS Classic' or something so we know we're looking at something worth trawling through.

I did think that and I had a look for ratdat's 510SSS repatriation, sadly it's been affected by the curse of photobucket so no pictures.

I think there is a bit more about the Revenger over on the blue forum in my old tat blog, I did quite a lot, sprayed the front end and got so far with it, then got distracted and sold it before I had got it on the road. I did see it on ebay not so long afterwards and by that time it was on the road and usable, so someone had cracked on with it after me.

This has been a great read, never seen the thread before. The chap from whom Bo11 bought the car was a great friend of mine, it's brought me a smile to see him in the background of the field pictures on page 1 and he'd have been over the moon to know how much work you put into its survival. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Hey thats fantastic!!!!!

I notice you've written about him in the past tense.... is he not around any more? Or have you just lost contact with him.

No, he died in 2016. I'm struggling to remember this car but he had shitloads of Avengers over the 20 years I knew him. After he'd gone his brother found a list he'd made of every car he'd owned, I'll have to see whether the family would let me take a copy. The landowner is a character too, the cars outside the barn were fairly fucked looking the last time I was there (ten years ago probably) but the better examples were crammed inside under cover. 

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

I could live with the wheels and plates. Seats? What the fuck ? 

That looks great in my opinion, the slot mags really suit it. All reversible too if required.

I'm glad to see it looking spruce and at least it's ready to drive.

Those Rover chairs will be very comfortable too, fair play if the owner has got the electrics to work.

I have no frame of reference as to what these are worth though.

On 7/3/2011 at 8:22 PM, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Hey AndrewE, I can assure you back in the day my welding was comparable with old Pauldaf44's efforts on his Triumph 1300.

Did a bit on the Avenger yesterday, fastened the 'spine' back into the wing and buggered about getting the door gaps right on the repaired wing when its nipped up.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/Mr_Bo11ox/avenger%20wagon/P7020107.jpg

Spent a good few hours arsing about with it, would have done more today if I could kick this god-awful ear infection I sem to have gained. :x:x:x:x

How was this a decade ago?! 

The slotmags look well on the Revenger and he/someone looks to have tidied up the paintwork nicely too. Still a lorra money for one, but find another solid, clean looking one I guess. Having said that, it's been for sale on ebay for months now...

Whilst the avenger and the story are top drawer, on re-reading this I most enjoyed the concept of there being a SHITEDAQ crockmarket.

It is a bit like a stock market on here really, people do gain confidence in certain types of shitter from seeing other people have them and "the market" goes through waves of cars going through a BUY phase (like the heady days of the Laguna II) which then disappear again with no other explanation than a poor year for P&L or general market confidence.

I'd like to nominate the Invacar for the GameStop meme crock award, seems to be a lot of people put them on BUY when the underlying value of the crock is minimal as you can't weigh in fibreglass.

8cb838c6f32e8a034cbf21544a2d9ce5.jpg