What do we think of....

Baz

....The BMW 1-Series Coop:

Posted Image

Me? I love it!

For me, it harks back to the days of the E21/E30 3-series....COMPACT, rear-driven saloon!

Still looks a bit dented-down-the-sides, but considerably less repulsive than the hatch!

It looks like a plastic toy, The normal 1 series 5dr Hatch has bugger all interior space, so this will be apauling. Sure it will be gutless like most of the others 1 series too. But wont stop people buying them in droves for the cache of the badge. Kinda reminds me of a melted 2dr Nova :shock:

Better than the hatch, but that's not really much of a recommendation. Bit like saying Lisa Riley is sexier than Bella Emberg.BMW seem to have lost the styling plot, the 3-series is the only acceptable 'unBangled' design and that's just plain dull. 135i will be acceptably rapid though, but the days of BMs being under £20k have gone, as I found out when choosing my company car a year ago.HOWEVER - as shite, I lovelovelovelovelove the old 'sharknose' stuff - E12 and E28 5-series, E23 7-series, E24 6-series (mmmmmm!) and the E21 and E30 3-series. The late 80's stuff, particularly the E34 5-series (with the six-pot) and the E32 7-series are great too. An E32 735i manual - in white or black with black leather? Yes please!

I dunno, Pog, I'm kinda feeling the lurve for a 3.8 E34 M5 or a 4-door E36 M3 - in blue rather than that godawful yellow. Obviously I will buy neither, because I am spectacularly tight and would be worried about imminent mechanical/electrical disaster, but I like 'em just the same.My friends at BMW - who get that kind of kit as a company car to be swapped every 3 months without fail - tell me the 335i koop is a very rapid bit of kit. And the 335d is better still. Be even better if the engine was fitted to something light like a 2002, mind.

I hate it!! It realy does look like a plastic toy! Whatever happened to the BMW design dept? Time was they consistantly produced well proportioned, handsome motors, now they just look over designed. They're not alone though, to my eyes most modern cars are too big and too...er...... twiddly, if you know what I mean? Too mant pointless details. Off topic somewhat, but sorta related, did anyone see the new Impreza on 5th Gear last night? :shock::cry:

I'm just imagining the "M" version....Reckon it'll be quite a thing! 8)

What would they call it? - there's already been an M1 :wink: My top BMW pics are the E12 5 Series 'Alpina' (pre-M5)saw an X reg one a few times in the summer, in white of course, it looked stunning. Wish I'd got a picture but we were always both moving at the time.The E21 3 Series 'Alpina' (also pre-M3) or 323iThe E24 6 Series M6I like others, but those are my faves.

Yeah, me too....But I'd love an RS....

Posted Image

....And I don't think I'd require too much arm-twisting to get me onto one of these....

Posted Image

....either! 8)

Back to the cars, my Dad was custodian of a beautiful silver one of these back in about '86/'87....

Posted Image

....It was a blimmin' amazing car....I always wanted a go in an M5 of the same era, as I found it difficult to imagine how they could improve on what to me, seemed like perfection!

God, I loved BMWs back then! :roll:

I'm just imagining the "M" version....Reckon it'll be quite a thing! 8)

What would they call it? - there's already been an M1 :wink:
Also if you built an M1 these days it'd have to be fitted with a randomly acting device that restricts its speed to 50 miles an hour for long periods of time....