Toyshite from my childhood. Remember these?

warren t claim

I had a couple of those multistory car parks as well, I remember a BP one, which would collapse if overburdened. And the ramps would always fall off. I remember when I got my first Scalextric, back in 1998, and the same car broke 3 times in a row. This was quietly replaced with a cheaper slot car system, which lasted a hell of a lot longer, probably still have it somewhere. When I was a kid, Hot wheels playsets were the way to go, but I never had one, I would have to visit friends house to experience that. Bit of a rip you couldnt use any old car on them though.

Grandstand-Scramble.jpg

I had one of these when I was about 4. It had a 2-colour screen and a catchy tune that played at the start.

The little LCD handheld games that I got in following years were just shit in comparison tbh.

I also still have this:

!CDltnwg!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!lQEz+3tgWJ4BNPHQOVGtw~~_12.JPG

Fatha_L thought he would try and craftily give it away some years back, but I hid the XR3is so that buggered that idea. :D

Remember these by Matchbox?

mb_key_cars.jpg

My friend across the road had this one. I went through 3. My first 2, a yellow Datsun and a chrome Camaro fell apart, but my last one (which I definitely still have somewhere) was a black Corvette which seemed to be better made.

With regards to the cap gun car crashing thing, Burger King got hold of the same Peugeot 205 (some time around the early 2000s!) and briefly gave them away with kids meals, no idea why. I couldn't resist! Still got it on my shelf, mine has a different sticker job but is still very obviously a 205. Bit over-engineered for what it is - the front clip shoves back, bonnet pops up (with a bang/smoke) and the plastic doors fly open. Dunno if you could get any others.

When I was a lad all I got was a whip & top, and a Ladybird book.

So when eBay got into full swing a few years back, foolishly I sent the search engine out to find me a Race & Chase, a Lanechanger and a TCR Jam Car set.

4832l.jpgceyhgmqbwkkgrhqvjue1jbd.jpg

Delivered, Feedbacked and pawed-over with glee. For a day. So they went into the loft, because I'd forgotten that I no longer lived at Mum's. Instead, I found I'd bought a house with the Missus, and she said no to landscaped Race & Lane Jam Changing in the lounge.

Please, please tell me not to buy that Aurora set I always wanted. Loft is chocker full with her handbags and shoes.

Anyone remember this?

Sentron%2B9.jpg

I had Stock Car Smash Up..when i was 6..so 1973..i transported it between Scotland and Australia on the plane..and even sent them flying down the aisle of the Jumbo we flew on..the 1st set i had was the flamed 57 Chevy set..and the 2nd was the limo set which was a Merc Vs.Rolls Royce

040ccb97.jpg

Hee, hee! My very first Saturday Job was working in a toy shop in 1980, earning 36p an hour!! .

We sold all that TCR stuff and had a working display in the window. There was one with trucks aswell.

4111_l.jpg

I thought it was miles better than Scalextric. Race And Chase was fantastic! I'd spend loads of time playing with it on the excuse of demonstrating it to potential customers.

We used to get really annoyed , cos customers would come in and try out our display then f**k off to buy it in the newly opened Argos in the precinct where it was cheaper.

Then Rubiks Cube came out....sales were ballistic ...we would sell out a new delivery in an hour.

Ahhh....happy days.

I was a huge fan of Scalextric as a kid, happy to pass it onto my kids now. There's quite a difference between the new MINIs with magnets and my 1275GTs with rubbish motors and tippy handling. The kids wonder how a car can be so slow, yet still crash so often...

Look at the cracking stuff you can get today 8)

P001_large.jpg

P003_Dodge_Charger.jpg

gallery_95_1249_24096.jpg

+1 on 'Stock car smash-up'. I couldn't remember what it was called either. My set had the blue beetle and the red pick-up :D

I got the TCR 'Lighted Jam Car Speedway', the same as Flat4Alfa posted above, for Xmas 1983. It had the Lancia Stratos and BMW with the Pantera as 'Jam Car'. I've still got it all and in duplicate too, as I also gained the same set from my cousin. None of it works though. :lol:

That was the same Christmas I got a 'Dukes of Hazzard' Barn Busters set :)

Im stil a kid lol well in my head anyway, ive got two classic scalextric sets one is a pre magnet set called pole position thats an f1 set you can make the cars do a burnout on the start line and the others the ford rs cosworth set which had the shell and texaco rs500 ive got numerous other cars also, ive also got a tamiya grasshopper rc car, i love retro toys