1957 Austin A35 STOLEN

Torsten2001

I got back from Gatwick this morning to find the A35 missing. I'm presuming the worst and have reported to the police. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how totally devastated Iam, this car was definately a keeper and a high light in what has so far been an unutterably shit year. It was stolen from South East London and could be anywhere and I can't imagine what total cnut would've pinched him. Please keep an eye out

DSCN0190.jpg

Good god, that is terrible news. Just a thought though, clearly someone knew you weren't around when this happened, you haven't had anyone approach you recently and mention the car have you? I'm not trying to point a finger, but you never know sadly.

I'll keep an eye out too, I'm not that far away.

BASTARDS!!! :evil::evil::evil:

I can't believe this has happened. Do you know how it was removed, was it driven away or towed do you know?

Absolutely gutted. There's loads of photos of it in my photobucket account: http://s563.photobucket.com/home/640TMP/index , you're welcome to use any of them.

It's a very distinctive car and I would recognise it anywhere, even under a different identity. Hope you get it back :cry:

That kind of news sickens my arse. Long shot but would it be worth a drive around any local 'quiet' areas, industrial estates, carparks, just on the off chance it's been stashed to collect later, maybe ask neighbours, local petrol station nightstaff? If you can get an clue of when it went, or direction, if there's any cctv, government or private, then with an idea of the time the scum would have passed, a polite request might yield results, or by force with a freedom of information request.

For what it's worth I'll keep my eyes out for it, any distinguishing marks? I've mentally noted the extra lamps, badges, long stemmed mirrorsand missing headlamp rim.

For Fuck sake!!!, That has just given me the right royal hump, The poor car lasts 53 years with no problems then some Kunt comes along and decided that they will have it for a little joyride. I hope they get asre raped like that scene from Pulp Fiction and die a painful death... Grr... :evil:

If anyone can think of any forums to put it on can they, kindly mk1_4dr has put it on RR and I've put it on Irish Vintage, http://irishvintagescene.forumcircle.com other than that I can't think

Hi Torsten, I'm Riley from the Irish vintage scene forum, i saw the post and was going to post it here.. but i've posted it on here: http://younggunsclassics.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?p=9619#9619 with a link to the irish vintage scene forum

I can't remember the last time I have enjoyed owning a car so much, it really is absolutely heartbreaking, I'm totally bereft.

I've tried driving around but it's totally hopeless of course. Stupidly I filled up just before parking him up so if it's joyriders then they'll be able to get far enough away before torching him.

Distinguishing marks are dents, scratches and the headlamp rim missing as well as the badges, the passenger side has a dent on the rear door/quarter and the front wing is a bit baggy, an A35 is a rare enough sight these days so if you see one give it a double take would you?

It was taken from outside my house, busy road and a tight parking spot. It wouldn't be too tricky to get in and with no steering lock I guess it'd be a doddle to tow away and fiddle with it later.

Thanks for adding it to all those forums everyone, short of joyriding I can't help but think it's heading to Ireland so any help you could give Riley would be appreciated, it wouldn't make a great banger but if you could add it to oval chat Nigel I'd appreciate it.

Police have been informed but I don't hold much hope!

Did you let the ferry ports know? If not try contacting belfast or dublin ferryports and ask them to keep an eye out.. I have also checked ebay and caransclassic to see if they were trying to sell it, I didnt find it but it would be worth keeping an eye out.. Torsten, did you buy it off someone called Richard, there is a thread on younggunsclassics forum with your car and other A35s as well, when he posted he said he was thinking of selling it. ive posted in that thread to tell people to keep an eye out.

It may also be worth contacting the editor of the Irish vintage Scene magazine at editor@irishvintagescene.ie asking him to urge his readers to keep an eye out.

What an absolute bastard of a thing to happen. Good luck, hopefully it'll turn up somewhere and you'll get it back.

Alas as Pogweasel said it might have been lifted for the weigh in as the price has gone up again recently. Perhaps ask a few metal yards locally?