Tell me about alloy wheels please

Mash

I'm on the lookout for some alloy wheels to jazz up my Starlet a bit but I'm a bit of a duffer when it comes to understanding wheel fitments and so on. I want something fairly discreet (it's a boggo one not a Glanza Turbo after all :D ) and I quite like black Minilites which have a look of Watanabes about them but without the split rims and all the studs round the rim. I'm sure Yahoo Japanese auctions would yield the perfect solution but I'm not as brave as Ratdat!

2467.jpg

I've had a bit of a nosey round the Tinterweb and apparently the offset on a Starlet is in the range 35 to 45mm with about 38mm being recommended. However, most of the Minilite-type wheels on a 4x100 PCD only go up to 33mm so I wondered what he implications of this are and if I would then need inserts. I'm looking at only going up an inch to 14" and not too wide as it doesn't have power steering! :lol:

Any input gratefully received.

Doesn't really help you, but if I had a Starlet like that I would keep a close eye on the sort of forums where people "do up" the turbo ones, I bet standard alloy wheels off them go for absolute buttons.