What did you pass your driving test in?

boobydoo

That reminds me - a former colleague Pete Coleman knocked down a Policeman in Belfast during his test - and passed! It was a pissing wet day, and the copper was standing in the middle of May Street directing traffic as the lights were out. He had his back to Pete, and as Pete approached the cop stepped backwards to avoid being splashed by a van coming the other way. The mirror of the car Pete was driving hit the cop on the arse. Despite the inevitable delay, Pete passed, and is a very careful driver to this day!

Can't compete with either of those. I did rip the back bumper off a Maxi on my first car test (failed on use of the brakes, even though I was stationary at the time and he hit me) and exceeded the speed limit by 50% on my bike test (passed).

Took my first test in this very car, 29 years ago.

fiat850.jpg

Examiner was too fat to get in comfortably, which probably didn't help my cause. Passed second time round in a '77 Renault 5GTL.

Well remember my first unaccompanied drive, just like boobydoo. What a thrill!

Started lessons in my uncle's Land Rover Series III (SKS 801N), took some lessons with BSM in a Corsa 1.0 (KN53 GFO) which had no handbrake, had an arguement, eventually passed car test in AA Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia BC53 CXJ. "First car" was a motability car for my mother, Focus 1.6 Zetec auto SJ54 NZF before I then ruined it all and bought a Rover 414SLi (M497 KVP) which got torched.

Did my initial PSV driving assessment in a 12m ex Skills Plaxton-bodied Dennis Javelin (L31 ORC, now deceased) before passing second time in ex MOD 10m Dennis Javelin N188 RGD.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjNfO05b-4peSmnR7dwxXLI8PNl5M7262ZyPYmG1wyNU0aLdnGZt-RMlg5

Not this one, but similar, it was just an 'S' base model, 1.2 or 1.4 can't remember?

It seemed to have very modern and almost futuristic styling at the time, I bet theres not many left now. It was a bit clinical to drive if I think back, not inspired me to drive one since.