Congratulations To Minimad5.....

Guest Leonard Hatred

What's different about the test these days?

I passed mine in 2004 and found it pretty easy... mind you, there's next to no traffic here.

Congratulations by the way, what's your best insurance quote so far?

Guest Leonard Hatred

When I tried getting Triumph Dolomite 1300 quotes on a classic policy at 18 none of the companies were interested, I had to be over 25.

A couple of companies, Lancaster and Peter Best accept 21+ now.

Guest Leonard Hatred
Is it just me and brammy without one now? Bugger!

RACE YA!*

*I'm not even thinking about it until at least late summer

Not to worry, I might be banned after February. :oops:

Congratulations Mark! :D

Angry Dicky of this fine establishment is the same age as me, and i believe he has a classic policy.

So it is possible Leonard

I certainly have, and it certainly is. Footman James FTW. When I passed my test at 17 (2008) I got insured on my A35 for £450. I'm currently paying £390/yr for the Cambridge, and I got a quote on the Maestro for just over a grand. So it is definitely possible :)

They don't like anything made after 1990 though.

I passed my test in 2004 aswell just before they brought in the 'Hazard Perception' thingy. For me it was just a matter of passing the 35-questioned theory test and driving test, which I passed first time. My examiner was very good, made me feel a bit more relaxed as the test is pretty stressful, I was sweating buckets.

I was so happy to hear "Congratulations, you've passed the driving test etc.." when I was expecting to fail. It didnt sink in for a while until I got into the Micra and was half way to Halesowen when I realised that I was driving, on my own and all legal.

Spent a few years dossing about and driving about aimlessly with mates, bought my first legal car. Sadly, driving is now just getting silly, expensive and stressful what with all the road rage/being cut up because I drive a small car etc... I told Mutha_Sterling to take the Micra with her despite it only to be used twice a week by her (She works away) so I've kind of rediscovered walking/the bus.

Angry D - I didnt realise you were only 20! :shock:

Seriously well done, I bet it feels like such a weight off your shoulders now.

And three minors! That is some good going! Should be proud of yourself.

I have had 30 lessons now, so my test will be booked sometime soon, the sheer cost of it these days is utterly ridiculous though.

I remember looking at quotes for myself a few years back, the lowest was something like £512 on a Metro, but that was on my Mums name and I lied about it being garaged....

I always get the feeling I have left it pretty late to do the test, but saying that, my older brother is 30 and hasn't even attempted to learn.

I had no luck with timing; ended up doing my car test not long after they introduced the theory and hazard perception but thankfully passed first time; failed my PSV the first time I sat it and ended up resitting and passing the week before the DSA phased out the completely and utterly pointless gear changing excercise.

I think I was carless for four months after passing my test, from memory...