One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

9 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

The cortina will be NHK 295M the 2.0XL sadly Mia since the mid/late 80's & sister car to the famous bronze Consul GT.

I don't want to come across as rude but the Consul GT is NHK 295M and was recently restored. The Cortina was NHK 296M, unless they swapped number plates in some episodes. I've not seen all of the episodes.

See the source imageSee the source image

See the source image

13 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Bloody carpol tunnel my fingers are so numb! Yes other way round lol.

I'm only young and have a bad back when travelling for long periods in parents 2017 Insignia, but my back is fine in my Grandpa's 2002 VW Bora, because the seats are softer 

3 hours ago, J W Pepper said:

See the source image

A chase in the Sweeney, the blue MK3 Cortina in the background is a Flying Squad car. The blue Cresta is the bank robbers getaway car, they all split up

The production team seemed to be keen on using big old Vauxhalls as villain's cars, as they were probably cheap to buy & still looked the part.  The Professionals also did this kind of thing.

Yes it is an XL, was your fathers car an estate? Ford didn’t put sports wheels on the estates for some reason, same with the Granada. The 1.6XL also had hubcaps and rim embellishes but most 2.0 XL saloons had sports wheels, maybe the sports wheels were optional but I didn’t think so, I will dig the brochure out tonight if I remember.

Regarding the chrome trim, the grill would not have the two chrome strips on a later car and the bumper underriders would not be fitted. Ford changed the spec. every year, it is easy to tell the year a Cortina is made without looking at the number plate, they made a lot of changes.