One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

10 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

winterscomming.jpg.3adaf68c036403d146cbcaa1fba0ee4f.jpg

Cottingham Green. See the church? I lived in the shadow of that as a lad. The scene looks very similar now, although the shop names have changed.

The building with the windows in the sloping roof was the YEB branch, now a Supersaver type shampoo shop.

The one on the far right was a well known branch of local off-licences 'The House of Townend', you could take empty bottles in and they would fill them with wine from barrels. Phun Phact the Townend in question was an extremely right wing and very unpleasant Tory who represented East Yorks for years. The shop is now a 'Bargain Booze'.

The pub is still there - The Duke of Cumberland.

Out of view to the left is the Civic Hall which is attracting some class acts at the moment. To it's left is the library (first floor) and council offices. In the times of 'Haltemprice UDC' you could look out of the library windows at the old steam rollers rusting in the yard behind.

The low middle shop, 'Wardells', was a haberdashery (now a café)  - Autoshite link - Mr Wardell drove a maroon Jensen Interceptor; some money to be made in buttons.

4 hours ago, martc said:

Cottingham Green. See the church? I lived in the shadow of that as a lad. The scene looks very similar now, although the shop names have changed.

The building with the windows in the sloping roof was the YEB branch, now a Supersaver type shampoo shop.

The one on the far right was a well known branch of local off-licences 'The House of Townend', you could take empty bottles in and they would fill them with wine from barrels. Phun Phact the Townend in question was an extremely right wing and very unpleasant Tory who represented East Yorks for years. The shop is now a 'Bargain Booze'.

The pub is still there - The Duke of Cumberland.

Out of view to the left is the Civic Hall which is attracting some class acts at the moment. To it's left is the library (first floor) and council offices. In the times of 'Haltemprice UDC' you could look out of the library windows at the old steam rollers rusting in the yard behind.

The low middle shop, 'Wardells', was a haberdashery (now a café)  - Autoshite link - Mr Wardell drove a maroon Jensen Interceptor; some money to be made in buttons.

Just another image I found on the interwebs. Thank for the info-

I just liked it because winter is in there parts of the north.

image.png.4edb72d232fad6c6e5dc1947360e101a.png

The start of the M62 - flyover construction, roundabout lay out and road reconfiguration early 1970s. SIMCA gets a head start over the 1100, Crapi driver is boxed in and is fuming.

Edit: And is that a blue DAF behind the Crapi?

Edited by martc
potential DAF spottage

10 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

1977 ADO88

i695656.jpg

DUY...S was a Worcester issue of November 1977.  I wonder if BL were trying to disguise things by not using the Birmingham, Oxford & Coventry coded plates as their press cars.  Also LHD to add to the mix.

The pre-production Wedges had London registrations for a similar reason.