One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

24 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Just what you need for a quick* trip to Turin and back....

Definitely a more stylish method of transportation than the tacky Willowbrook imposter. At least DooVLA have had words with the owners about using the old registration and trying to pretend it's a Harrington Legionnaire. 

italian-job-bus-driving-24115952.jpeg

the-italian-job-1969-paramount-film-with-michael-caine-A2W6EN.jpg

2 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

..... At least DooVLA have had words with the owners about using the old registration and trying to pretend it's a Harrington Legionnaire. 

The plate has not been reissued to any vehicle. The original coach was scrapped in about 1990, and the scrapping may not have been declared to DVLA.

I once tried to apply for a plate that my oul man had on a pre-1963 Beetle (long scrapped). DVLA told me that because the scrapping hadn't been reported to them, the plate was treated as still out there and couldn't be reissued. Effectively the plate was therefore lost.

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

The plate has not been reissued to any vehicle. The original coach was scrapped in about 1990, and the scrapping may not have been declared to DVLA.

I once tried to apply for a plate that my oul man had on a pre-1963 Beetle (long scrapped). DVLA told me that because the scrapping hadn't been reported to them, the plate was treated as still out there and couldn't be reissued. Effectively the plate was therefore lost.

The Willowbrook Val had the ALR Harrington Legionnaire identity transferred onto it whilst the then owners pretended it was the real deal. DVLA have since cottoned onto it and voided the original ALR registration. It was on the system as 'untaxed' for years after the coach was broken up, but now no longer shows on the DVLA system. 

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

did you still have the log book and would it have made any difference if it was one of the old buff or green ones and not on the computer system?