One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

11 minutes ago, STUNO said:

Johnny Devlin---- His family and my fathers were friends in Whanganui, he is still about in Aus. and still working on the club circuit for fun. At the show being advertised in the photo fans broke into backstage and tore off his trousers. He escaped out the toilet window ! ...

Just reading that was a LOL!

12 hours ago, STUNO said:

Johnny Devlin---- His family and my fathers were friends in Whanganui, he is still about in Aus. and still working on the club circuit for fun. At the show being advertised in the photo fans broke into backstage and tore off his trousers. He escaped out the toilet window ! He visited us while on tour around that time and stayed the night, fans thought he was at the local hotel so he got a quiet night without the rest of his entourage. I am pretty sure that gig advertised is January 1959.

My wife's Mum's maiden name was Devlin.  Escaping out of windows was a thing in Ireland when the Gardai came around long after closing time.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:42 AM, STUNO said:

Johnny Devlin---- His family and my fathers were friends in Whanganui, he is still about in Aus. and still working on the club circuit for fun. At the show being advertised in the photo fans broke into backstage and tore off his trousers. He escaped out the toilet window ! He visited us while on tour around that time and stayed the night, fans thought he was at the local hotel so he got a quiet night without the rest of his entourage. I am pretty sure that gig advertised is January 1959.

Ha..thats funny..whats interesting is people have remarked on that poster before..Stu..Ive got these images in a book..guy who released it found me online..Ian Chapman from Canterbury Uni..he's a shiter in terms..owns a Triumph Herald....so I submitted the Mr Drumm Archive..that we saved and restored. I did it for free ...I did actually talk with Ian at length on the phone..and the eventual published item is quite cool.

56273962._UY2953_SS2953_.jpg