One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

8 hours ago, neil1971 said:

From Old London Photos on Facebook, although it's a painting, believe it's Cranbrook Road in Ilford.

bus2.jpg.62c0ae74d27b4b98afb490a0ce1a5bc2.jpg

I cannot find it on the FB page. I do not use FB but the page is open. It looks more like a colourised photo than a painting.

It is Cranbrook Road I remember those triple kerbs. I have assumed the raised pavement was because of the old trees. But would love to know why. It is rather unique. Long gone are the painted sections. That maybe have been done during the war. But needs confirming.

33 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I cannot find it on the FB page. I do not use FB but the page is open. It looks more like a colourised photo than a painting.

It is Cranbrook Road I remember those triple kerbs. I have assumed the raised pavement was because of the old trees. But would love to know why. It is rather unique. Long gone are the painted sections. That maybe have been done during the war. But needs confirming.

It was a while ago, I only came across the group recently and am not a member of it - try this link which will hopefully go direct to the post

1 hour ago, neil1971 said:

It was a while ago, I only came across the group recently and am not a member of it - try this link which will hopefully go direct to the post

I opened the image in a link and zoomed in I stand corrected it is a painting.

One of the comments suggested the artists name Peter Insoll. However, like with a lot of searches these days the results were rubbish. Somehow It came up with the artist Chris Insoll. It is certainly not his work.

I tried both Tineye and Google for a reverse image search no results.

I used to ride the 150s from near my home up to a car sale showroom that one of my relatives owned. This was located further up Cranbrook Road. I have just looked on Street view and the businesses has changed names but is still car related. Some things have never changed that drastically in around 50 years.

5 hours ago, Asimo said:

"The apparent owner of the vehicle was Senator Edward Kennedy." 

image.thumb.png.ed1b3593d8ae1685ee2df95ed7a2eded.png

Ive been there....Chappaquiddick Bridge...also at the time I was working at the Boston Opera House..which was established by Joe Kennedy...JFKs father..(bootlegging and whoring rackets)..and I was paid by the Greek Bank. That was Onassis.