One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

22 hours ago, Austat said:

Opel Diplomat V8

Must confess .. I don't dress up like that when I go to buy me spuds.   Must be why I'm not accompanied by an alien-head who likes to dress up in drag. :lol:

Sadly the Opel is far less interesting than the background scene and the white Zephyr 4.  At first glance I thought it (the Zephyr's) had a horn sticking out above its bumper ( ..for scaring the b'jeepers out of pedestrians ! ? ) but it is of course the feature sidelight of that model. 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:20 AM, Richard_FM said:

I read that the 2CVs weren't classified as Kei cars in Japan, even the 435cc ones, because they were over the set dimensions.

Some American spec SMs were exported to Japan when it became too hard to meet the American regulations.

Yep, the 2CV is actually a surprisingly large car. The 'footprint' of K-cars is just as important as the engine size, I think the only of European origin is the Smart Fortwo. Think Wagon R+ for a modern K-car - a tall box. Note that the K-car requirements were even tighter in the past. Seems a good idea though that we should learn from in the UK - could help keep people away from SUVs.