One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

12 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

This has been uploaded before, it did well to last on the roads until 19 April 1991

I shared that one a while ago. Martin Parr is brilliant at capturing the moment. 

In the meantime, I love this. You'd assume old photo, until you cast your eye into the background...

20210328_112747.jpg

23 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I shared that one a while ago. Martin Parr is brilliant at capturing the moment. 

In the meantime, I love this. You'd assume old photo, until you cast your eye into the background...

20210328_112747.jpg

The newer  style Dutch plate also gives the game away... I will now take my anorak off.

20 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I often wonder what the power consumption of the old neon advertising "wall" at Piccadilly Circus was in those days. There must have been an absolute battery of relays and transformers running all of that.

The first sign to be illuminated was a Perrier advertisement in 1908, which used incandescent lightbulbs. Neon was first used for a Bovril sign in the 1940s

https://oceanoutdoor.com/ocean-news/news/ancestry-turns-back-the-clock-on-the-world-famous-piccadilly-lights-in-nostalgic-showcase-of-illuminated-signs/

ANCESTRY-PLS-OCEAN-2-2000x2000.thumb.jpg.aa99a1beb7a20b156be70f0bb2ea82fa.jpg