One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

I paid £500 for it in 2002 and ran around it in for a while. Then the diff started grumbling badly, I had some 'life issues' and the MOT ran out. I then sold it for £295 (cries!) in 2003. It went up north on a flatbed.  I don't think it ever went back on the road, sadly. 

My parents had one for years when I was a kid, I'll see if I can find a pic of that one too.

26 minutes ago, egg said:

I paid £500 for it in 2002 and ran around it in for a while. Then the diff started grumbling badly, I had some 'life issues' and the MOT ran out. I then sold it for £295 (cries!) in 2003. It went up north on a flatbed.  I don't think it ever went back on the road, sadly. 

My parents had one for years when I was a kid, I'll see if I can find a pic of that one too.

The last V5 was issued in Feb 2012, so it could still be around somewhere.

I have often wondered if the Renault "Le Car" was shiteworthy. It's got a lot going for it

• made #2 spot on a "Cars that should never have been built" list
  • reliability is baked into these machines  and lasts as long as a loaf of French bread is edible
  • the usual French ennui about things automotive
  • "Renault 5" in other countries, "Le Car" in U.S., even though "La Voiture" would have been more apropos 
  • small, noisy, slow

1980 Renault LeCar R5 2 Owner w/ Original Window Sticker | Deadclutch

35 minutes ago, 62 Austin said:

I have often wondered if the Renault "Le Car" was shiteworthy. It's got a lot going for it

• made #2 spot on a "Cars that should never have been built" list
  • reliability is baked into these machines  and lasts as long as a loaf of French bread is edible
  • the usual French ennui about things automotive
  • "Renault 5" in other countries, "Le Car" in U.S., even though "Le Voiture" would have been more apropos 
  • small, noisy, slow

1980 Renault LeCar R5 2 Owner w/ Original Window Sticker | Deadclutch

Also in Dude, Where's My Car? it was the titular car,