One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

7 hours ago, tul66 said:

Am I the only one who thought "Oh no, they've the same on the other side"?

cassette_thumb_jpg_1858252781b64c83ff3d1c563c85014e.jpg

Are you not thinking of what  allegedly Giorgetto Giugiaro is said to have uttered?

Oh my God! They’ve done it to the other side as well.

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Liked, especially for that cast-iron SGE traffic signal. They lasted for about 50 years in London up to 1984/5, and into the 1990s in parts of Oxford.

I remember visiting Oxford in 1995 in seeing traffic lights like this, I’ve got the feeling the photos in the booklet were taken in & around Oxford.

1 hour ago, Richard_FM said:

I remember visiting Oxford in 1995 in seeing traffic lights like this, I’ve got the feeling the photos in the booklet were taken in & around Oxford.

They would have been at the Rewley Road junction, which had the very last working set in Oxford.

Your photo is from London, probably on or along Wigmore Street.

Some SGEs were still working in Dublin after 2000, and Singapore still had working examples as late as 2008 which were adapted to run on LEDs.

They were astonishingly long-lived, and weigh a ton, being of cast-iron. Very much sought-after by traffic signal collectors, an original head or pair of heads on its pole can command up to about £2500 (when they were being decommissioned/scrapped, fifty quid would have got you a decent set)

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:17 PM, Remspoor said:

Are you not thinking of what  allegedly Giorgetto Giugiaro is said to have uttered?

Yup. Said about the TR7.

Blood hell, double post again! At least it's only one extra, not 2 like the last time.