One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

My brother once ran over a meat hook, which kept hitting the wheel arch so he had to pull it out, which let the tyre down.

All good fun in the early morning in the rain.  I think he called out someone rather than mess up his suit trying to change it himself.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:41 PM, Austat said:

1973 Ford Transit "De Devil"

You just know that his Mrs has tattoos. And piercings. 'In places'.  (Yes, there). And quite possibly a button which hoots a horn and plays tunes.

Somewhere there's a farm missing a bit of railing from a cattle-court.

That white Marina pick-up above (with Rover MGB V8) was a Custom Car magazine project back in the 70s. BL loaned it to the magazine for a year. (Was that wise?).  Looks great, must have been interesting to drive on wet roads.

https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/whatever-happened/custom-car-marina-pick-up-project-290849

bppI5J8.jpg

But does it survive?  DVLA says no.  Awww.

Family pic from 1968/69. Scuff marks at rear door are on the old photo, not the car.  My wife's dad (on the right) and his brother. Both brothers died within 6 months of each other 2015/16.

fSFwX3I.jpg

DVLA says reg number is currently on a Mercedes. Is there any way of tracing the history of a reg number? 

7 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

@LightBulbFun to the beige courtesy phone please.

sadly I cant trace what cars a registration mark has been on

I can tell you the registration mark history of a car

but i cant tell you the car history of a registration mark if that makes sense 

the best I can do is, if you have car that's currently on a new say unknown registration but you know its old plate, assuming that the old registration mark has not been put on another vehicle

then I can tell you what the vehicles current plate is :) 

(had a feeling I might get paged about this)