One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

60484ac.thumb.jpeg.cdf412981f0ec47affaad1bd5c984e34.jpeg

Surely it's just coincidental timing that the car should be turning right across a dual carriageway, just as a motorcyclist is coming along. What do you reckon a policeman or a post office motorcycle ? 

Anyone know for certain where is this, it very much reminds me Birmingham.  I was college there in the latter 1970's. 

oh,  that's just reminded me of when they had the Grand-Prix in those streets..

On 5/28/2019 at 11:27 AM, Bfg said:

60484ac.thumb.jpeg.cdf412981f0ec47affaad1bd5c984e34.jpeg

Surely it's just coincidental timing that the car should be turning right across a dual carriageway, just as a motorcyclist is coming along. What do you reckon a policeman or a post office motorcycle ? 

Anyone know for certain where is this, it very much reminds me Birmingham.  I was college there in the latter 1970's. 

oh,  that's just reminded me of when they had the Grand-Prix in those streets..

Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham. The buildings on the right haven’t changed much but the stuff straight ahead (about 11:00) has gone and replaced with the latest “shopping experience” type precinct.

The building on the slight left is now home to the HMRC.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, sheffcortinacentre said:

I believe at least one was made.

Wow. I checked it out and found this on the AROnline site. Had never seen it before.

W1O7NsS.jpg

A really interesting link here ↓

https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/triumph/dolomite/ajax-development-story/

There are a couple of photoshopchop pics out there too. This one looks quite neat.

fFUSLG8.jpg

But this yellow Sprint looks 'not quite right'.

BEOGMxw.jpg

Maybe it should have been a 2 door with longer doors and long rear side windows, like a Scimitar.

^^ They need a forward slant on the C pillar especially on the Sprint, that window would only wind down a few inches. The top one has used the back of a 2000 estate so looks a bit better (I realise they're not real but if you're going to photo shop something do it properly). 

But as you suggest, a two door would look much better. Use the two door Toledo shell. They could have really made that work, like the Herald estate, that's a lovely looking thing, my favourite Herald derivative. 

1200px-Peerless_Felixstowe.jpg

not so unusual you might think..  "it's a Peerless ..er um .. with what appears to be very heavy occupants squishing the car down on it suspension"   But then you might notice what its occupants are looking at ..    " speechless., they looked agasp at the headless pedestrian "

courtesy of : Wikipedia