One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

Wow, that's the Golden Wonder SD1 that Ken Wood and Peter Brown drove. Saw this car and team on the Granite City Rally stages in 1984 when I was 16. Sounded absolutely fantastic. There's some 80s period Youtube stuff around on this Rover. Ken Wood more recently drove a KV6 powered rally Dolomite Sprint. Also on Youtube. Check it out Dollylickers.

Big Bertha innit. Great to see the old girl alive and kicking, albeit currently wearing a Sports Direct tracksuit.

Not the original Big Bertha race car was unfortunately destroyed mid 70s, in an accident with some fire. Replaced by Baby Bertha Firenza. But as a road car this white Ventora would be most acceptable.

I remember reading about this white Ventora in a late 80s Street Machine magazine and always liked it. Didn't realise it had had a previous history custom-painted. Interesting stuff there.

Checked DVLA and it's sorned at the moment but was motd till late last year. Recorded as black now, And 7400cc.

Wonder what it looks like now.

Not the original Big Bertha unfortunately, the FE race car was destroyed mid 70s, in an accident with some fire I think. Replaced by Baby Bertha Firenza. But as a road car this Ventora would be most acceptable.

I remember reading about this white Ventora in a late 80s Street Machine magazine and always liked it. Didn't realise it had had a previous history as a custom-painted, errm, custom-car. Interesting stuff there.

Checked DVLA and MGJ is sorned at the moment but was motd till late last year. Recorded as black now, and 7400cc !!!

Yum yum. Wonder what it looks like now.

Never knew that. Cheers for the info. I love the shape of the FE Ventora. Very interesting reading here:

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/133813/who-where-buick-vauxhall-ventora