Thanks for your support, re 2011 car run.

58classiccars

Fugg me this is the first time I have ever wanted to walk away from AS.

The first time in all of your 69 posts?

Yeah perhaps he should make a few hundred, boring, argumentative posts about absolutely nothing of any interest before he has earned the right to comment eh? That would be much better.

I can't believe this has now spread to a second three-pager, you tossers are just ruining the forum. You have seen an old car forum, thought "oh that looks good, i'm interested in old cars, i'll sign up for that" then just filled it up with ridiculous bickering and whinging, making it into something completely different from what attracted you to it in the first place. Fucking CHEERS

Yeah perhaps he should make a few hundred, boring, argumentative posts about absolutely nothing of any interest before he has earned the right to comment eh? That would be much better.

I can't believe this has now spread to a second three-pager, you tossers are just ruining the forum. You have seen an old car forum, thought "oh that looks good, i'm interested in old cars, i'll sign up for that" then just filled it up with ridiculous bickering and whinging, making it into something completely different from what attracted you to it in the first place. Fucking CHEERS

The mans right, I for one thinks its all got silly. I will not post on this subject again and I will not up date this run, I will take it non of the members wish to enter this run, so with that,happy christmas, and a happy new year, Cheers John

I won't be joining your run John because I just don't do that sort of thing, I admire your efforts though.

This bickering shit is boring and as I've said before, Autoshite is slowly losing me and possibly lots of others because of it, it was nice to see Fred back briefly though. It you like swearing and insults there's MacDroitwich.

In the meantime here's a Plymouth I spotted in Zürich earlier, nice init?

69503_10150153781547977_503887976_8056120_2561180_n.jpg

Apologies for going slightly off topic but does an oil burning Landy get through a gallon every 22 miles Mr Ross?

Hate to appear ignorant in such matters but have always fancied an aged Land Rover, :P

It's a Long'un. 1760 kg of your finest pig iron, aircraft grade aluminium, glass and rubber. Add to that the power sapping transmission, tyre drag,( knobblies take more effort to turn) and body drag, roofrack, double skinned roof, the roiginal 62hp engine,a dn then you start to see what I am on about. Around town, you're never in a high gear, so low MPG. On a cross country B road, you never seem to get into overdrive. On "fast" A roads, you can't go too fast, it's like trying to drive the Cutty Sark in a hurricane. So 45-50 is about top speed for sensibility's sake. Un-servoed single circuit drum brakes mean big gaps, (which BMWs and Golfs seem to want to fill) The need to take a run at a hill, (Never possible as the twunt in the BMW or Golf has just removed that gap from you) unless you want to drop into 3rd and crawl up at 22.... The petrols are similarly economical, but burn more round town. The diesels just don't keep up with modern traffic so well. I'm not grumbling. Road tax is free, insurance is £135 a year. Just long distances are a nightmare. Doncaster-Ipswich takes something like 5 hours including a comfort break.... You can see why travelling great distances can get wearing. If I wanted a fast economical car, I would buy a Focus. Oh. I did.....! They're alright really, just an acquired taste.

Thank you AR,

Like I said I've hankered after an ageing Land Rover on and off for a while now, its good to get an honest opinion from someone who knows what they are on about.

Just to clarify something here is this the only spat on here very recently, and, assuming there was another one, did you jump in at that one as well? Those of us with longer memories may recall you weren't always so charitable to Fred, or young Mini-Mad either.

Threads like this make me wonder if it's about time the 'self moderating' of this forum stopped and that one of the management steps in and locks threads,

This is something I'm not a fan off, especially when you see it all the time on Retro Rides but if this happened it might stop the forum from slowly going down a downward spiral.

Also with all due respect, do we really need such strong language all the time? :? , I'm no prude by a long way (I'm a hair arsed docker remember) and I've been know to swear every now and then but sometimes it seems a bit over the top and unnecessary on here and I'm sure it would put new members off. Just a thought.

HAHA....Oh shit hang on.

Oi, you wankers got off that fence I only painted it this morning! Or something like that.

Also with all due respect, do we really need such strong language all the time? :? , I'm no prude by a long way (I'm a hair arsed docker remember) and I've been know to swear every now and then but sometimes it seems a bit over the top and unnecessary on here and I'm sure it would put new members off. Just a thought.

As a mostly non-swearing newbie, the forum name sort of suggests what you're letting yourself in for yet didn't put me off. It all adds to the crudeness I guess. :D

Time to inject some sanity into all this... If I were to join in, I MIGHT (just MIGHT!) turn up in this, if I still had it! As I don't actually know what it is, any Autoshiter advice would be appreciated. It was my grandfather's car, and it pictured outside his lock-up in Appledore, north Devon.

5245616525_58918df42c_b.jpg

What IS it?