car run 2011

58classiccars

OK, yeah, right. It's exactly this kind of shit that has put me off posting on here. Yeah it would have been nice to have more details, but was there any need to be so rude? It's very easy to say to me 'it's the internet, don't get upset by it', but if you have 10 kinds of other shit happening in your life, you can live without number 11. Well that's what's happened with me anyway. Over and out.......

OK, yeah, right. It's exactly this kind of shit that has put me off posting on here. Yeah it would have been nice to have more details, but was there any need to be so rude? It's very easy to say to me 'it's the internet, don't get upset by it', but if you have 10 kinds of other shit happening in your life, you can live without number 11. Well that's what's happened with me anyway. Over and out.......

Thanks for that fredTransit.

?? Wha'? The bloke posted a vague invitation to a meet at some time, at some place, in some cars.

Now, I'm up for a meet whenever there is one, but Sometime in 2011, somewhere on the planet isn't gonna make me commit to turning up. Christchurch, NZ for a B6 Passat meet next week ain't gonna happen.

I'm not bein' 'orrible (I'm pissed, I've just got in from my 40th birthday celebrations...) but a tad more detail would be good.

C'mon dude, if it's Brum, I might make it. Liverpool or Brum and I probably would make it, but leaving it to "Wherever the most people reply" doesn't narrow things down much. Time / place etc would be nice.

Oh Dear! :oops: Has anyone perhaps contemplated the fact that 58classics is trying to involve the members of this honourable site in a fundraising event and then gets shot down in flames due to lack of details? Obviously no-one can commit until omitted facts are released but does the phrase "heart in the right place"mean anything these days? If he had said " I am organising a fundraiser so I can go get p*ssed on the proceeds" then by all means have a pop, if not, please can we all just get along? Merry Christmas to one and all and goodwill to all men including Mr 58, well done sir! :D

?? Wha'? The bloke posted a vague invitation to a meet at some time, at some place, in some cars.

Now, I'm up for a meet whenever there is one, but Sometime in 2011, somewhere on the planet isn't gonna make me commit to turning up. Christchurch, NZ for a B6 Passat meet next week ain't gonna happen.

I'm not bein' 'orrible (I'm pissed, I've just got in from my 40th birthday celebrations...) but a tad more detail would be good.

C'mon dude, if it's Brum, I might make it. Liverpool or Brum and I probably would make it, but leaving it to "Wherever the most people reply" doesn't narrow things down much. Time / place etc would be nice.

Right, for a start off, I gave the date of the run, said who the run was for, how much the fee would be to enter. I keep saying this post was ment as a early notice to let people know there would be a run in 2011. The run is not till May, so there would be plenty of time to update, This site is the only sight I have had trouble with. Seems to me certain members just want to play with big words and try to make people look silly.

Oh Dear! :oops: Has anyone perhaps contemplated the fact that 58classics is trying to involve the members of this honourable site in a fundraising event and then gets shot down in flames due to lack of details? Obviously no-one can commit until omitted facts are released but does the phrase "heart in the right place"mean anything these days? If he had said " I am organising a fundraiser so I can go get p*ssed on the proceeds" then by all means have a pop, if not, please can we all just get along? Merry Christmas to one and all and goodwill to all men including Mr 58, well done sir! :D

Thanks very much for that.

This site is the only sight I have had trouble with. Seems to me certain members just want to play with big words and try to make people look silly.

You said it.

Bit immature to resort to insults really. I was interested up to the point you did that.

Right, for a start off, I gave the date of the run, said who the run was for, .

you didnt actually say which charity just that it was 'for soldiers'

which charity will benefit from the 8 quid fee per entry?

There are soldiers wives who are helping me with this, I Asked the girls to pick where the money gos, they said soldiers hospital, but as I keep saying, my post was to let you guys know there would be a run . I did not say, whos coming, as we sorted the run out I would have posted more details.I do think this has now got silly, Just to leave a post to do some good. and ok I should not have called the chaps names, but if you read through the posts I did get a lot of shit from other members.I think it best really to drop the whole thing now I will not post on this subject again. thanks john.

Right, for a start off, I gave the date of the run, said who the run was for, .

you didnt actually say which charity just that it was 'for soldiers'

which charity will benefit from the 8 quid fee per entry?

There are soldiers wives who are helping me with this, I Asked the girls to pick where the money gos, they said soldiers hospital, but as I keep saying, my post was to let you guys know there would be a run . I did not say, whos coming, as we sorted the run out I would have posted more details.I do think this has now got silly, Just to leave a post to do some good. and ok I should not have called the chaps names, but if you read through the posts I did get a lot of shit from other members.I think it best really to drop the whole thing now I will not post on this subject again. thanks john.

PLEASE NAME THE REGISTERED CHARITY THAT BENEFITS FROM THE ENTRY MONEY

10th dec. EDIT: 2 days in no answer - soldiers hospital?

is the name and location a secret?