Frickin weather!!

scooters

Agree with Hirst and those arseholes who would walk 27 miles in sub-zero temperatures just so they can be seen at work make twits out of the rest of us when we do struggle.

Anyhow got some snow here at last, not a huge amount but the puppy is fascinated by it and keeps skidding round everywhere. Just taken Cav junior to work and people are driving quite sensibly with the exception of some of the cock extension brigade in their 4x4s who are going faster than I would dare in the dry. Oh, and some daft cow in a people carrier who was trying to park in my boot everytime I stopped in traffic. Happily when she passed me on a stretch of dual carriageway looking all moody and menstrual I clocked her reg. no.

Her husband works at the same place I do, and I feel an 'angry from Manchester' e-mail will be the order of the day.

We got our first taste of snow this morning in Woking - a mere dusting, but a bit more in Guildford with more forecast throughout the day. Twas nice to see some shite out and about on my journey to work: a Minor Traveller and a Triumph TR6 with big slotmags. :D

Mark.

It's snowing heavily here in Southend at the moment, I've just had work phone to try and get me to work today, having seen the state of the roads I nearly thought "Feck em" but they said I could go out with another driver so that's not too bad I suppose.

I drove to East Finchley, North London and back last night in my Austin Cambridge, there was no snow at all in London, I started seeing a light dusting around Basildon at midnight, then it started snowing fairly heavily when I got to Southend, I think there's about an inch out there now, and more is coming down now.

I drove to East Finchley, North London and back last night in my Austin Cambridge, there was no snow at all in London,

V. close to chez_Seth. We woke up to a 1/2 - 1" dusting this morning, the first we've had. Its thawed a bit today though.

braved the bad weather today

dug out the scimitar, managed to get out of my street to find most of the main roads clear

but.....feckin idiots parking all over the roads because they are frightened of getting stuck in off street parking

drove the 10 or so miles to a reasonable size supermarket (where i parked next to scary's sierra in the car park :D ) and found that the whole shop was full of panic buyers determindede to get those mince pies and paxo before xmas :roll:

then on the way back sat around for 15 mins because of more badly parked motors blocking the road:

(photo a bit big, try zooming out)

x8wL9.jpg

I have snow tyres (partworns ebay!)on the front of my saab and new M+S tyres on the back; combined with heated seats and a furnace for a heater the 900 is great in this weather. Shame all that is irrelevant cos it took me a hour and a half to do the 11miles to work because loads of other people had slid off the A12 :lol:

Guest Leonard Hatred
All the cock jockeys in their ludicrous 4x4's will no doubt be out proving that they haven't got a clue...................

They're exactly the same on the mainland.

I tell what is bollocks, Mrs Triggers Micra, She started the car this morning but because the wipers were on intermediate and the windscreen was covered in snow the wipers came on and stopped work.

She got home from work tonight and I've been and had a look, after stripping the shuttle and wipers off it turned out the main link bar from the wiper motor has came off and now needs replacing as it's worn, bugger.

I'll have to order a bar of ebay now which is another £26.50 :(

That reminds me of the time I got the bus to college when it had been snowing loads round here, the bus slid as it stopped for me to get on! Then it got stuck in three or four bus stops, the driver would just give it full throttle until it weaved, hit the kerb, and moved off. Fun ride.