Renault 25 Convertible and Estate

monzaE

Whilst it's true that a 25 convertable was built, I don't think it ever went into production- the 1st pic clearly IS photoshopped. The estate is surely the laziest ever method of creating an estate from a saloon- it really is, basically, a redesigned tail gate, and the whole thing does lift on the original hinges. Horrid!

Agreed, first picture of convertible definately been Photoshopped, that said a proper R25 convertible could be quite a nice thing.R25 Estate is monsterous though! I like the idea as properly done it would be a very useable thing but in practice surely that must be awful, heavy to lift and seriously problematic in strong winds.

I think the wagon could have done with a slightly lower sloping roof line. In the mk 2 version I can't help but be reminded of the Xantia wagon and there is a slight hint of Laguna too.I reckon a 25 coupe would be just as gracious as a 406, judging by the cabriolet. So many missed opportunities.

Totally agree, a properly done 25 estate would've been a fantastic device, real competition for the big Volvos and Mercs, I've never understood why Renault made such a half-hearted effort at it. The convertable was a thing of beauty, never seen an explanation of why it wasn't proceeded with. Probably cost, I guess. Not sure if it would suit a coupe styling- a bit on the big side to be successful, I'd have thought.