What in your view are the most pointless cars

the only estate car with a smaller boot than the saloon it was based onquote]

Alfa 156?

Correct, but there is a clue in my name :) Saloon 378 litres, Sportwagon 360 litres with rear seat up :shock: Anyway, now that I have a roomy but dull Mazda 6 estate (futurebarge?) do I also have to change my name :wink:

* Not sure about the E30 though?

the only estate car with a smaller boot than the saloon it was based onquote]

Alfa 156?

Correct, but there is a clue in my name :) Saloon 378 litres, Sportwagon 360 litres with rear seat up :shock: Anyway, now that I have a roomy but dull Mazda 6 estate (futurebarge?) do I also have to change my name :wink:

* Not sure about the E30 though?

I know you should know with regards to the 156, but I read somewhere that the Sportwagon boot was only smaller with the luggage cover/parcel shelf installed..?

Anyhoo, dragging this thread away from the now customary "don't like it" comments, some more pointless cars.

1) Honda HRV "Joy Machine"

2) Nissan Qashqai

3) Dare I say it? On here?(whispers)Matra Rancho

All crap at what they look like they might be capable of - off-roading. Thus shite. Thus on my list of wants if any fall under £1K of today's money, at any point in the future.

Ultimate faux off-roader for the discerning shiter - a piss-yellow HRV 3 door. So shit it can't be bettered.

std_1999_honda_hr-v.jpg

All cars made for a specific buyer, or a niche, are probably pointless, unless they are Bristol or Morgan. God, that may open a can of worms! I wish car companies would keep it simple like they used to, all this venturing into every availible body shape and size, and even attempting to create new ones really annoys me!

And cue pedantry.

Suzuki never made Jeeps. Jeep is a brand name that is far too often used as a generic like Hoover, Rollerblade and Skidoo.

I thought the term 'Jeep' came from 'general purpose' or 'G P' = jeep. And was subsequently claimed as a brand name?

If not, I defo prefer that version....

Alledgedly GP stood for general purpose but the yanks pronounced it Geep so it became Jeep.

Jago called their's Jeeps for years then Chrysler started hassling them so they changed it to Geep eventually they made them change it altogether in '90/91 (with an incentive) and it became Sandero.

Jago own the rights to the name Sandero in the UK, it was a name they originally used years ago for a prototype pick-up and its all over their current website, lets see how Dacia/Renault deal with that one after all Tim Dutton did rather well when Ford launched the Sierra!

Tell you what, old folk absolutely love tall cars, not hard to see why - must be nectar being able to virtually walk into a car after a few years of folding your arthritic body into a Concerto. As someone that`s experienced a trapped nerve and been fortunate enough to have been running a Daihatsu Mira at the time, I would opine that tall cars are quite un-pointless.

Agreed! My elderly parents had a Triumph Dolomite, which they gave me as a swop for a Lada 1500 Estate. That was their first Lada, and they had four further, plus a Polonez, all of which they praised to the skies for comfort "because we can get in and out, it's higher than other cars." I would have loved to put them in a Picasso... :lol: Raised position, big doors, power steering... exactly what the old folks need.

• 1 year later...
Jago own the rights to the name Sandero in the UK, it was a name they originally used years ago for a prototype pick-up and its all over their current website, lets see how Dacia/Renault deal with that one after all Tim Dutton did rather well when Ford launched the Sierra!

Received a letter from Geoff Jago yesterday for inclusion in the next Jago Owners Club magazine, after some negotiation Renault have bought the rights to use the Sandero name in the UK, it was only a matter of time..... 8)