How lovely does this look!

MrRegieRitmo

Shape in profile is kinda similar though, innit? As is the 11 - short, dumpy 5 door wedgy hatchback.

Well I suppose then that yes the 14 must have inspired the 19, the same way that they considered the 12 when they penned the 18 & the 20 when they penned the 25! Visually though, there are other cars which I would think of first when asked which more modern cars have vaguely similar lines to the R14, plenty of them not even Renaults at all! (e.g. Pug 306, Daewoo Lanos)For me it feels more like a hereditary thing, the 11 looking more like the 14 than the 19 or Megane being that it was it's direct replacement. The 19 in turn I would say, looks more like the 11 than the 14 (especially the later style 11), and finally the MkI Megane has more hints of R19 styling than R11 or R14 and so on......blah blah blah...

Renault had a bit of a styling (i.e. wot styling?) crisis during the 80's (I'm excluding the 25 - which was styled by a Citroen scribbler - and the Fuego, which was signed off in the 70s, here)!

I take it then that you're not a fan of the R5 Supercinq, R9, 11, 19, or 21!? :lol:

I agree that the Renaults are certainly better built cars than Citroen, but from a current styling point of view(C3 BEING THE EXCEPTION),they certainly look good.That new C5 is certainly more interesting looking than the New Laguna. I suppose it very much comes down to personal taste. :) I still would not buy a Citroen :lol:

That new C5 is certainly more interesting looking than the New Laguna.

Funny, I was only saying on here the other day how, having seen a new Laguna saloon for the first time, it appeared to be just an unimaginative clone of the new C5, from the back anyway. :wink: