Memory loss. I've seen these somewhere.

warren t claim

As you all know I travel throughout the mainland UK every day and I get to see many shite related things but I can never remember where they are to look again on Streetview.

Does anyone know where there is an abandoned Bentley dealer in the middle of a row of terraced houses? I'm thinking maybe in a northern mill town? Deffo stone built houses around it. It looked really out of place.

A weird one this, A 1971 J plate bin lorry mounted 30 foot up on a pole! I know it was next to a office furniture warehouse, maybe in Yorkshire..

A fleet of rotting Rover P6s outside a garage. I'm thinking Wales but I may be wrong.

Thanks!

Currently driving round the Aldershot area, on driving lessons, I see many cars parked up but I have no clue where they actually are as that whole place is laid out really weirdly... Some examples include three Triumphs outside one house, two 2000s and a 1300, Granada rotting in a driveway, Metro doing the same, E reg Sierra LX, and there also appears to be a Citroen nut around the area too, couple of XMs and a BX last time I went past.

Theres one I remember seeing years back, around 2004, near the A1(M) where it joins on to Edinburgh, there was an old garage with half a dozen old recovery lorries rusting away, one had an Ergo cab, thats the only one I remember, but it was really noticeable. No doubt cleared by now. I just cant remember the exact location.

Theres one I remember seeing years back, around 2004, near the A1(M) where it joins on to Edinburgh, there was an old garage with half a dozen old recovery lorries rusting away, one had an Ergo cab, thats the only one I remember, but it was really noticeable. No doubt cleared by now. I just cant remember the exact location.

Trying to think where that could be. The A1 down to Edin is mostly open fields; either it was the last of the 'free recovery' motors for the A1 upgrade work (which was still ongoing about the Dunbar area then, I think), or it was further up towards Portobello. There were some odd yards up towards Seafield Rd, with all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff parked up. Most of that's related to the railways, docks or the sewage works.

Currently driving round the Aldershot area, on driving lessons, I see many cars parked up but I have no clue where they actually are as that whole place is laid out really weirdly... Some examples include three Triumphs outside one house, two 2000s and a 1300,

Is one of the 2000s yellow with slotmags?

annekachallenge.jpg

I wouldn't mind a go on Anneka's ''Treasure Hunt'... :wink:

A few years ago I used to do some deliveries for the company I worked for, I think I was in the Harold Hill area of London when I spotted a Triumph (2000?) and a BMC LD van in a front garden, whole thing was covered in gnomes and other tat. Anyone know of it?

I had a similar thing to Brammy when I was taking lessons, driving round weird bits of town I can never find again, there were LOADS of old crocks in people's gardens. I should go and check if they are still there but it's the sort of area I wouldn't be comfortable going to unless I was inside a 2-tonne metal cacoon.

If anyone had photos of any of the places mentioned I'd love to see them though, that Bentley dealership in particular sounds amazing

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... /3830934./

Is this ringing any bells WTC?

Picture on the article not brilliant but Rishton nr Accy is probably the place I was thinking of, had a look on streetview and eventually found a deserted looking Lotus showroom, really hope its the same place;

"People round these parts just ain't buying Bentleys, obviously a Lotus dealer couldn't go wrong!!"

^ It will be at Rishton. They opened up in an old Merc place after Merc moved out, had Bentley on one side of the road and Lotus on the other. It always looked a bit odd and you had to wonder who their target market actually was. I've not been round that way for a bit but there was a house a couple of door up that had a load of old, dead Fiats in the garden as well.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=r ... 39.03,,0,5

Currently driving round the Aldershot area, on driving lessons, I see many cars parked up but I have no clue where they actually are as that whole place is laid out really weirdly... Some examples include three Triumphs outside one house, two 2000s and a 1300,

Is one of the 2000s yellow with slotmags?

Yes, it is! I think. On the road which has awkward markings meaning you have to attempt a slalom.

Ah I remembered another one, on the main road to Oxford, there is a LWB CF1 rotting by the roadside over a fence, looks like there is many other vans of equal age still there too, I imagine they perhaps belong to travellers or a farmer? Literally a couple of metres from the road, near a petrol station.

So would I, or the Mustang, 260Z or Triumph Roadster... but they're not really in the same league when it comes to values!

Lake View Garage is here and you might see:

1IldI0.jpg1Iff3r.jpg1jtI99.jpg1Ig9qJ.jpg260z.jpg1IjDWi.jpgDSC00892.jpg1IlP79.jpg

Although my little old visit was June 2009. Inside were VW Beetle chassis, Jag MKII body. Around the back, some stripped P6s. Ten win points if you can name the car in the last pic