Visiting Ryton.....

scaryoldcortina

I've stayed out of all this so far, but if he annoys you, just ignore it and post up a photo of an Austin Princess (or similar). Maybe he is a troll, maybe he isn't, but there's no point in getting all personal over someone you've never met and probably never will.

Come on guys and girls, MOAR autoshite please!

No. Thats not the point.

I love this forum, I think it's great and most of the stuff that most of the people here write is interesting.

So when some troll comes along who wants to argue, won't listen to anyone else and generally posts utter bilge it pisses me off. I can't just ignore that. Sorry.

PS, I'll bring the quicklime.

Humm, ignoring him is fair enough, but i'm not comfortable with the rest of this stuff guys.

agreed, bit much really

Any way last time I walked past Ryton it was being turned into a trendy apartment development. I watch quite alot of the factory get knocked down.

What's he said that's inspired so much hatred here? He is only a kid after all.

This is my point. He is just a kid, and I don't understand why people are getting so wound up over a few not-very-bright posts. To be honest I find it amusing reading him failing to argue with more intelligent people.

Reminds me a bit of all the drama about Fred Transit, please just chill out peeps!

P.S. Nice Ryton-mobiles 8)

Sorry for posting his "about me" post from wikipedia, I got a bit carried away, he is only a kid after all.

I do think he's been a bit silly though and he hasn't done himself any favours especially after so many hints and warnings about that he's doing.

Hopefully this thread will be enough for him to understand that he needs to chill with the textbook quotes and just enjoy what this forum is all about, post some photos of some shite cars and feel the love again lads and lasses.

Aw, come on. Everything in this thread is stuff ER has posted (himself..) It is here for proof, for anyone who was giving him the benefit of the doubt (which I was) There is no malicious editing of his text, I haven't put "TWAT" in flashing neon on his forehead, all ths stuff about killing and burying is normal here anyway (if you are Hirst...) Looking at his you-tube doesn't compel you to comment on it how much of a tit he is.

All I'm proposing is that we ignore him. The board even makes it easy for you by having the "foe" function. Then maybe he will go spam churchorganist.org instead.

AD - it's amusing now, but he will keep on if he's encouraged.

Although there's nothing to see at Ryton , you could also pop across The Channel and visit the CAAPY museum in Poissy, Paris..next to the current Peugeot factory there. It has loads of old Simca- Talbots on display tracing the factory history since the 1930's.

http://www.caapy.net/web/index.php

It also has this!

tagoraindex_04.jpg

From Wikipedia,[edit] Tagora Présidence

The Tagora Présidence was a concept car designed by stylist Sunny Atri at the Talbot design studio in Whitley, Coventry. The concept was created to generate interest in employing high-end Tagoras as chauffeur-driven limousines by users such as business executives and government officials. The donor model for the Présidence was the 2.6 SX, which had an interior appointed with Connolly Leather upholstery and brass highlights, plus a host of electronics including a telephone, dictaphone, text-message receiver, and television with VCR. Originally valued at £25,000, the Présidence now resides at a car museum in Poissy.[12][13]

My knowledge of psychology is fairly limited but I believe that ER may be suffering from Aspergers Syndrome, although he may not know it. Sufferers are often highly intelligent, but have difficulty an communicating with and relating to other people, which may explain the reliance on book knowledge rather than finding out by chatting to other people as most of us do to acquire wisdom(?) The number of schools may be related to this. So give the lad a break, even though some of you probably beat up lads at school who wore glasses or were in any way different; we should be more grown up now.

ER if you are reading this and you are at college there should be a student advice or counselling service where you can talk to someone in confidence if you feel that things are not right in any way. Even refer them to this forum if you want to.

My knowledge of psychology is fairly limited but I believe that ER may be suffering from Aspergers Syndrome, although he may not know it. Sufferers are often highly intelligent, but have difficulty an communicating with and relating to other people, which may explain the reliance on book knowledge rather than finding out by chatting to other people as most of us do to acquire wisdom(?) The number of schools may be related to this. So give the lad a break, even though some of you probably beat up lads at school who wore glasses or were in any way different; we should be more grown up now.

ER if you are reading this and you are at college there should be a student advice or counselling service where you can talk to someone in confidence if you feel that things are not right in any way. Even refer them to this forum if you want to.

It's funny you should mention that, as I too had noticed a few similarities. I have a son with Asperger's syndrome, and unfortunatly the only clear ways of dealing with this are 1. ignoring him and 2 taking the piss SO BLATANTLY it can't be mistaken for anything else.

Also...

Copyright problems

Hello, Vox Humana 8'. Concerning your contribution, Orgelbau Hey, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from either web sites or printed material without the permission of the author. This article or image appears to be a direct copy from http://www.organ-builders.com/organbuil ... dition.htm. As a copyright violation, Orgelbau Hey appears to qualify for deletion under the speedy deletion criteria. Orgelbau Hey has been tagged for deletion, and may have been deleted by the time you see this message. For text material, please consider rewriting the content and citing the source, provided that it is credible.

In fact, it's worth reading his page, if only to confirm what you already thought.

Not wishing to sound like Im jumping on a bandwagon or anything but....

This kid knows his beans, he's willing to share his beans as well.... As has already been shown he has had a fair few problems in life already lets not make autoshite one of them, but that goes two ways, whilst we shouldnt seek to destroy him at every opportunity, he should also understand how the A-S "laid back coupla threads here an there no information overload" system works.

I used to love autoshite as it was the internet equivilant of mates in a pub, no bitching some banter but life without SWMBO and irritations so we could sit here (general when we are supposed to work :oops: ) and talk about Ital/Tagora/[insert obscure french/italian designed disaster here] till the shift ends.

My one criticism of some new peeps is that they have put their necks out and slagged the above cars but... this shouldnt lead to us chasing them around the metaphorical car park but just a quick pm/post to say this is how we do autoshite and thats how youve done it, please dont do it again. And I have been guilty of my second point as well... everybody needs to keep calm and carry on, not rise to the bait of trolls, if you dont like E-R's or somebody else's posts dont read'em and please in the name of all that is good, dont post in threads that annoy you that way they wont stay at the top at wont be there to annoy you.....

Chill out and enjoy the shite.....

beige_ital.jpg

m0rris

devavenger_15.jpg

"If the fitter hadn't been so busy checking out white coat's arse then Avenger doors might have closed properly"

Or is this even a caption compettion at all?

As for the Eccentric Richard issue; it can fall one of two ways. Either he genuinely doesn't communicate well with people and wants to fit into what he sees as a friendly environment or he is winding us up on purpose.

If it is the former then we should take pride in the fact that Autoshite is a vaguely warm and fluffy place where Tagora fanciers can huddle together in warmth and safety. Where those with legitamate views won't be ripped apart by others trying to score spurious man points off each other. I couldn't care less about D Turbo Peugeots; but Mr R Welfare is rather fond of them - so I and others let him get on with it. This isn't Pistonheads; this is the anti-Pistonheads. We don't care about whether so and so's new Mercedes has carbon inserts in its seats or how much it costs. We won't give him the textual ego-wanking they might.

Therefore poor old Eccentric Richard has happened across this jumble of misfits. He has driven far off the information superhighway; taken a wrong turn at a major junction and ended up on a forbidding country road in the middle of East Anglian nowhere and has parked at the Autoshite Arms for a quick half on his way somewhere else. Perhaps the crooked Avengers, Charmants and Bluebirds occupying the potholed bombsite of a car park enticed him inside. On walking in, however, in true country style the OMD cassette has stopped and we've all looked up from our pints (or in my case a double Glenns, The Exciting Vodka) and had a good look at the newcomer before forming an opinion in a few seconds.

Perhaps he thought he would fit in; and tried too hard. Perhaps all the spoutings, which I haven't actually read so this is all bollocks anyway, are just what he thinks we want to hear so we'll like him. I can't take against people like that. They mean no ill so should not be shunned. He could even be given a job collecting glasses or peeling the vegetables for the daily special.

Conversely he could be winding us up on purpose; in which case he deserves to be flogged publicly. I hope it's the former.

I too thought of Aspergers, I know a fellow who suffers from it quite badly, I'll stop replying/ignore ER as you're right - he probably can't help himself. Most people would have thrown a torrent of abuse back and gone off in a strop by now. I actually kinda feel sorry for him after seeing his YouTube page etc.. :oops:

Ashamed of Acocks Green

Problem as I see it is, you can't really have proper opinions on driving cars until you've tried 'em and the ER wants to fit in. He's in a catch 22 situation. He can't afford insurance so can't drive, but he's read a lot about cars which he feels to be right, as you tend to at that sort of age, and he wants to share his views and accumulated knowledge anyway. It is frustrating being a petrolhead without wheels, I go mad in no time if I don't have a working car.

ER probably knows loads of little gems about the history of some cars, some of which may even be interesting, so I think it could be worth him hanging around here.

Probably a good idea for him to lay off telling us how certain cars drive or handle until he's actually had a go though. His ideas about Jaguar certainly provoked some thought, so that may not be a bad thing.

I must come across as a right car geek, and I do see a lot of myself in ER's ramblings.. Hopefully Autoshiteâ„¢ can stop him turning out like me.

I never thought of Aspergers, That would make sense, He seems pleasant enough though and seems to handle the torrent of abuse from some of the other members on here well (Sorry Albert but i do think your being a little OTT), I just think he needs to think about how some of his comments will provoke some people before he clicks submit, although i stopped reading many of them as they seemed a bit to intellectual for a thicky like me.

Problem as I see it is, you can't really have proper opinions on driving cars until you've tried 'em and the ER wants to fit in. He's in a catch 22 situation. He can't afford insurance so can't drive, but he's read a lot about cars which he feels to be right, as you tend to at that sort of age, and he wants to share his views and accumulated knowledge anyway. It is frustrating being a petrolhead without wheels, I go mad in no time if I don't have a working car.

ER probably knows loads of little gems about the history of some cars, some of which may even be interesting, so I think it could be worth him hanging around here.

Probably a good idea for him to lay off telling us how certain cars drive or handle until he's actually had a go though. His ideas about Jaguar certainly provoked some thought, so that may not be a bad thing.

I must come across as a right car geek, and I do see a lot of myself in ER's ramblings.. Hopefully Autoshiteâ„¢ can stop him turning out like me.

Im in a similar situation as E-R, Im at Uni, more skint than a skint thing and I cant afford to insure (let alone run) a car, Id love to and I am passionate about all things shite/old/general lost causes (e.g. Oxford United) but I dont feel the need to partake in gentleman's parts measuring over car reviews, fair enough to E-R he knows alot more know than I might ever but... please dont copy out someone else's review, according to ashley cole cheryl's bad in bed but I dont spew that out as if I had her and felt the same way.

Its a steep learning cure but I hope E-R can get to the right side and can become part of this community.

m0rris