Visiting Ryton.....

scaryoldcortina

Ladies and Gents, it is becoming painfully obvious that we have a troll on board :(

I respectfully suggest that we all go to the user panel, select the "friends and foes" tab, then "manage foes" and add the username of a certain frequent poster to the list.

I've done it, now I'm going shopping. In the car, which I drive.

Guest Leonard Hatred

I did this a while ago, unfortunately I'm sometimes bored enough to click 'display this post'.

Bit depressing about the fate of Ryton. :( I wanted to go and explore the factory after it closed, but it's a bit of a trek. Wonder what will go in its place, hopefully a much-needed retail park.

I took this snap a few months before they stopped production. Give this snap another 10 years or so and I think this and the other snaps I took will be proper autoshite material. I also bumped into one of those urbex types who managed to get into the place (the security after they shut it down must have been reasonable weak) and they didn't find too much of interest - Peugeot kept the plant fairly up to date, so any rootes type machinery and deco would have long gone.

5132131314_a8fdd2d236_o.jpg

Peugeot kept the plant fairly up to date, so any rootes type machinery and deco would have long gone.

I seem to remember the old brick deco-ish frontage building was still there 'til the end, only it was behind big fences along side the now big A45, when I suspect it was built next to a single carriageway A45 and must have been a lot more impressive.

"Foe" is an unfortunate choice of term, but I didn't choose it. I'm not suggesting a holy war either. I'm hoping a short trip to coventry will teach someone to think first and post later because arguing with him creates an endless, pointless argument.

In fact, this is all it does.

Screenshot-3-1.png

Cleans threads up a treat!

I only got it once you mentioned it!

1.jpg

I NOIZE WHO URS R DICK, IZ DA INTERNET STALKER

Hi there - Please continue reading - I might not be as terminally boring as you think. I live in Leatherhead, Surrey. I am 18 years old (I was born just two minutes into my parents' third wedding anniversary, on the 30th of July 1991). I have been to a record number of schools (five), considering that I've only moved house once, due to various problems (of these, I only left one because I had come to the end of the highest year). Don't worry - I haven't ever been kicked out of a school, if that's what you're thinking. I feel that, if I didn't have more important things to do, that I would be campaigning to end bullying by staff in schools, which I have experienced a number of times. I am a bit of a rebel when it comes to churchgoing - or maybe the exact opposite. I hate the modern Catholic rite, and the lack of good music therein, so I've started going whenever I can to Tridentine Rite Latin Masses. My musical tastes are fairly varied - my mum has been a church organist since when she was my age (she's 50 now), so I've been heavily influenced by that. Otherwise, I'm into anything that counts as rock, apart from nu-metal and emo. I don't support any political party in particular, but if I was forced to, I would support David Cameron's Conservative Party. He's the least bad of them - but, being a politician, he would rather strangle himself than listen to the wishes of the ordinary people or risk losing votes by considering morals when it comes to things like abortion, a murderous practice which must be banned. I am nonetheless proud of my Scottish ancestry and claim reasonably close relationship with the Chieftan of Clan MacLennan.

It's amazing what you can find with a quick google search.

Guest Leonard Hatred

Hey I like Meshuggah, not sure about them in chipmunk mode though. I see he's also added a Melvins song as a favourite. I CANNOT HATE HIM in spite of all the Foo Fighters favourites.

Let's be fair, there is good natured banter and there is cyber-bullying. There should be a place here for everyone who worships at the altar of shite, even though we may have widely differing views and experiences. I used to like Autoshite as it was a friendly relaxing place to drop into (probably too frequently for my own good) but the level of personal insults and gratuitous (sp?) baiting is making it less so. Let us return to drooling over Allegros and Tagoras and pissing over Range Rover Sports as in the good old days and agree to disgree when we do (like always :wink: )

Damnit SOC, I was going to use that pic as my avatar!

heh, I just noticed that yours isn't already him, lol...

and re why all the hate? he's brought it on himself by refusing to shut the fuck up all bloody afternoon. Quick trip to google confirmed him as a troll, I'm hoping this thread is the end of it and we can all ignore him and get back to shiteness as usual.

I really don't want to get involved in giving someone an "Internet kicking", but it's so bloody tempting, isn't it? All the ammunition is there.

I really don't want to get involved in giving someone an "Internet kicking", but it's so bloody tempting, isn't it? All the ammunition is there.

Go on, it will be fun. then we can give him an internet buried on the moors when it all goes too far.

Let's be fair, there is good natured banter and there is cyber-bullying. There should be a place here for everyone who worships at the altar of shite, even though we may have widely differing views and experiences. I used to like Autoshite as it was a friendly relaxing place to drop into (probably too frequently for my own good) but the level of personal insults and gratuitous (sp?) baiting is making it less so. Let us return to drooling over Allegros and Tagoras and pissing over Range Rover Sports as in the good old days and agree to disgree when we do (like always :wink: )

+1

This.

I've stayed out of all this so far, but if he annoys you, just ignore it and post up a photo of an Austin Princess (or similar). Maybe he is a troll, maybe he isn't, but there's no point in getting all personal over someone you've never met and probably never will.

Come on guys and girls, MOAR autoshite please!