Help Scanning and Editing Photos

Negative Creep

Found a few photos of my first two cars up in my parents loft. Scanned them in but they haven't gone through properly at all. For example:

tRSL1H9b.jpg

1NQqX6On.jpg

Yeah I know the car looks shit by the way. It was in my somewhat more naive motoring days when I thought adding things to a car to make it faster was a better idea than just buying a faster car.

Also have two pictures of my very first car, the only proof I ave of its existence. However the film was double exposed; could they be rescued in Photoshop?

9KbAQew7.jpg

8eVWIs1x.jpg

I've found a load of snaps with the same end of reel development marks - its possible to fix up the images, but you would literally have to use a 'donor' car shot with in the same angle in the same colour - a bit a like a virtual resto but with less skinned knuckles.

As for that poor AX, thats well beyond help, photoshop or otherwise ;)

Its achievable to remove some of the blemishes, speckles can be touched up with very light airbrushing, over/under exposures can be fixed by the levels/curves and a bit of the saturation tools. However sometimes the scanner isn't man enough for the job but AX snaps are actually fixable. BTW was it an AX Forte version? I know the Forte had 3 stud wheels - and the slightly deeper steel rims and bodykit made the car look quite swish.