Howdie

timmyteapot

Finally joined up, though it was about time with the plethora of old shit that keeps me poor most months, mostly old Citroens and a V8 SD1 , recently sold a pimped up Mk2 Golf. Cant seem to resist old unwanted french tat, 'specially if its interesting or quirky.

Will post some pics up when im not blocked from photobucket at work, some of you may know my motors anyway as I get about a bit (dont I dollywobbler), a certain hearing aid beige BX GT is one of mine.....

Fuck.

There is no where I am safe these days.

Get some pictures posted up Tim, though that SD1 can hardly be described as shite. Have you still got pcitures of the Sierra you sold?

That'll keep some of em really happy on here.

Christ on a bike Marty :roll: , do you ever do any work or do you spend all day on car forums like me.

Nah that sierra is long gone, I would have kept it if had been an earlier one and not poo to drive without pas, went to the emerald isle in march 09, apparently the guy liked rwd cars to go racing with so its probably bean cans by now. :shock:

Back doing proper nursing now (so on shifts, like today Im doing a 1pm to 10pm).

Cant get on anything interesting at work as this place is blocked due to the language.

For instance "Pimhohe" earns a blocking, yet Fcuk doesnt.

Weird.

THe early shape was like that Michel.

Welcome to the site Timmy, The BX GT sounds interesting.

Michel you are correct that the Series 1 Sd1 did have recessed headlamps but on my car they are further back still as it has headlamp wash/wipe (they still work :D ) so well spotted.

The BX GT is rare and very tidy but hearing aid beige which is very 80s I guess :lol:

Howdie to you, problem though. I cannot see any tat in your photos. however if you want tat I have an Sd1 with crappy blue paint and at present an ever-increasing pool of oil (p/s fliud) underneath, but I still love it! And it has had the front susp rebuilt recently too! Your whole fleet is want for me.

Guest EccentricRichard

16v-1.jpg

mi16 thats not in a chavs 205

I shouldn't, but that is just full of WANT. Oh, and what's wrong with 205s?

Picture010.jpg

V8 Power

LAVVERLY.

There nowt wrong with 205's! Great cars, but nearly all BXs 16vs (and 405mi16) have been sent to an early grave as engine donors, ive lost count of the amount advertised on ebay as a "rolling shell" which is worth nowt. Same with MG Metro Turbos, all cut up to make fast Minis (I like minis too).

The Gold wheels are the originals on the SD1 and yes they were Gold from new!

Fantastic cars, I remember being amazed (like many children at the time, no doubt) by my uncles BX lowering when he parked it up. I always did like that car.

And the SD1 is lovely! Last time I saw an early one in the wild, it had travelled all the way from Holland!

Brammy thats what did me, we had a Black (with twin gold side stripes!!) Mk1 BX in '85, complete with rotating drum speedo, fingertrip pod controls ala CX, electric windows!!! 8) a tudor webasto sunroof and central locking, which to an 11 year old car fanatic was mesmorising! It was a diesel too which added to its "difference" compared to the Montego 1.3 Base it replaced (I like montegos btw but that one was shite) and as you say once that height leaver came in to play that was it, I was hooked, 25 years later................Ive owned 26 of them (and no montegos yet). Sadly it died in 1991 aged just 7 :cry: (it was a company hack and changed in 1987 with 120000 miles on the clock for a NEW Sierra 2.3DL Sapphire) but the early BX's were a bit fragile.