ITS THAT XANTIA ESTATE.......

thats proper rank, deserves barryboys rather than here :roll:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Because this contains some skill rather than the half arsed NFS Underground copies you get on there. I wonder who is doing it though? Is there some wonderful base that these Citroens offer for the custom car enthusiast?

I saw that over on RR, I still wonder if it belongs to the same person with the BX Estate Rot, I can't imagine two people crazy enough in your town to drive rodded up Citroens.

I was told today its nothing to do with the others / different builder.

thats proper rank, deserves barryboys rather than here :roll:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Because this contains some skill rather than the half arsed NFS Underground copies you get on there.

I beg to differ... even I could get 'glass smoother than that, and I'm totally crap at it.

Anyhow, the entire thing looks like it was drawn by a 4-year-old on a bad LSD trip, and not in a good way. The BX rod was an excellent example of how to do a backyard custom job using whatever car you can find - this is a prime example of why some people should be banned from car ownership.

it was harder to do than bolting on some bumpers, Lexus lights and some rubbish bin exhaust pipe.

I agree, I think it looks quite good for what it is. Good on them for trying and by the looks of the work they have put in so far, succeeding. There is another thread on here having a bash at people 'rat-looking' cars and it being so unoriginal and conforming whilst trying to be individual, so we cant really have a pop at someone for making a car their own creation can we. Good on them.

Guest Tony Hayers

I think someone has bolted a set of Xantia VSX alloys to Worzel Gummidge. That looks yazzin hideous, be it finnished or not.

OK, I appreciate that it's a work in progress so the finish is nothing to go by, but judging by the shape so far, I can't see it ever really being attractive. The front end does look quite nice, as far as the bulkhead, then it kind of becomes a random assortment of styling, covering everything from 60's detroit to 50's Enid Blyton. I'm trying to see it as someone's individuality shining through, but it just feels like an assault on my eyes :?

Although, I also have a soft spot for the Daimler SP250, so who the fuck am I to talk?!?! :lol::lol:

Is there some wonderful base that these Citroens offer for the custom car enthusiast?

Maybe the self-levelling suspension's the attraction here? After all, if you're a normal Citroen driver and you chuck something heavy in the boot, the car self-levels and you're OK. The same no doubt applies if you clag a load of glassfibre and Isopon to it. I suppose it's one less thing for them to worry about - the suspension just kind of sorts itself out.

it was harder to do than bolting on some bumpers, Lexus lights and some rubbish bin exhaust pipe.

I agree, I think it looks quite good for what it is. Good on them for trying and by the looks of the work they have put in so far, succeeding. There is another thread on here having a bash at people 'rat-looking' cars and it being so unoriginal and conforming whilst trying to be individual, so we cant really have a pop at someone for making a car their own creation can we. Good on them.

+1.

That was a BX????????? I love it! I can pay it no higher compliment than to suggest George Barris could easily have done the original drawings.

As for the SP250...

100_0783-vi.jpg

This one is a regular member of our club over here, and can be seen at most events. The XK beside it is a more recent addition, but also attends regularly. This photo was at an event we held in April, beside the beach... :D

Is there some wonderful base that these Citroens offer for the custom car enthusiast?

Maybe the self-levelling suspension's the attraction here? After all, if you're a normal Citroen driver and you chuck something heavy in the boot, the car self-levels and you're OK. The same no doubt applies if you clag a load of glassfibre and Isopon to it. I suppose it's one less thing for them to worry about - the suspension just kind of sorts itself out.

Sort of - I think the pics of the black one explain it better, it's just like having pre-fitted airbag suspension, no other car will be able to sit that low off the ground.

These one's aren't my cup of tea at all, but they dont offend me either. Neither of them have roofracks full of shit, so they cant be that bad. It's not like Xantias are an endangered species or anything is it