Shite F1 cars

michael t

something a little different on here, shite grand prix cars in other words cars which either look shite or never scored points or cars from teams or drivers you just hated.

1996 forti corse

badoer.jpg

never scored a point and retired from most of the races it entered a mobile chicane as murray walker called it :D

2010 hispania

hispania.jpg

hasnt scored a point so far this season and would need an absolute miracle to get it to, its also exactly the same car as was used at the first race of the season in bahrain.

so any one else got any shite f1 entries :)

I present the Coloni C3B

Coloni_C3B.JPG

Powered by a Subaru Flat-12, coupled with a Minardi gearbox. In the hands of the unfortunate Bertrand Gachot, it failed to qualify for any of the races in 1990. Even after swapping to Cosworth power for the German Grand Prix.

Mark.

EDIT: Trying a different image because the original didn't work

In 1991, the Coloni Ford team entered every one of the 15 races that season but failed to even qualify once.

They were so unimpressively shite it's hard to find a decent picture online, but I think this one sums up their year. :lol:

89-f1-estoril-rm-1.jpg&t=1

That was on the starting grid before the cars had even moved. :lol:

Andrea Moda wins hands down. The most hopeless effort Formula 1 has ever witness. Probably the most hopeless effort motorsport has a whole has ever seen.

Although I give Larrousse credit where credit is due. Not one but two murderers ended up in charge of the team at different intervals.

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00336.html

Formula 1 has never reached it's early nineties heyday of shitness ever again. And probably never will unless I become a billionaire and start a New-Andrea Moda team from scratch with Jean-Denis Deletraz and Taki Inoue as drivers.

Can there be some kind of special prize for the Hesketh team, whose race 'strategy' appeared to revolve around getting pissed up alot, and crashing expensive racing cars (not always in that order). More bonkers rich people doing it for shits & giggles pls!

And Hesketh were a force to be reckoned with when they had James Hunt driving. Obviously because they suited each other down to the ground, a perfect match. I also admire Wolf racing for doing what Brawn racing did last year (to a somewhat lesser extent) and winning a few races in their first* season. Then diminishing further and further after that. See also Fittipaldi Racing.

*I think they ran cars with Frank Williams before that, but not as Wolf racing?

wow thanks for the responses ye frank williams had a pop at a lesser succesful williams team before he joined up with patrick head in 78 ish

*EDIT* yep according to wikipedia "in 1976 Williams desperately took on a partner, oil magnate Walter Wolf. Though the team continued functioning, it no longer belonged to Frank Williams, so he left in 1977 along with one of his old employees, engineer Patrick Head."

Also if you want F1 flops, no one can forget BARs first season. All the bragging from them, insisting they would be the ultimate F1 team and it came to nothing. Fairly sure it was the only car to carry a livery which was different on each side too.

1999KanadaJacquesVilleneuve.jpg