20:20(ad) vision. What will you be driving?

warren t claim

On 9/29/2010 at 1:40 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

Hmmm, I'll be 50. Thinking how quickly the last 10 years has gone by and how little things have changed I don't reckon we'll be much different, just it'll all be more expensive.

I want to gradually build up my Camry stockpile, buying as late and tidy a 2.2 of my generation as possible (circa 2000/2001) for my main car. They don't go wrong much and I'll have a stash of parts. Next model doesn't look as good and will be too complicated.

This would the equivalent of driving a 1990 Camry in 2010, which would be a perfectly practical and pleasant scenario.

Failing that, a Honda Accord or Hyundai Sonata. A 12-13 year old example of either would do me nicely. No Nissans newer than 2000 though.

Hopefully the Laurel will still be grumbling along, though it will probably have needed a bit of bodywork by then.

Hmmm, how accurate was I?

Well, I do still have a couple of Camrys and a stash of parts. Need to work out what to do there.

An Accord came and went.

Didn't foresee me having a Lexus RX as my daily, it's not too far adrift just a bit more expensive than I'd have foreseen me ever buying.

Laurel is still here, so I was right on that.

Didn't predict me owning the 1200, but I certainly knew about it and had always hoped I would end up with it.

Later Sunny purchase not part of my 2010 plan, but not exactly much of a surprise either.....

On 10/3/2017 at 8:24 PM, mk2_craig said:

Hey this is only three years away now, the crystal ball has become a little clearer. I think I can say with a bit more certainty that the XR2 will still be largely garagebound with an increasing amount of cardboard boxes and that piled up on top.  I'll be 42 and hopefully well rid of the diesel Datsun Cashcard that acts as family transport at the present time, whether Mrs_Craig will still have the Astra Twintop turbo is another matter, need to get some money's worth out of the repairs it's had.

FFS man. XR2 sold to a colleague last March, J10 diesel Qashqai has given way to a J11 petrol, Astra still on fleet strength and barely being used at all, 850 T5 sitting full of boxes waiting for Exiled Tat Gatherer to come and pick it up, K11 Micra waiting for me to properly advertise it for sale but oddly enough the wheels of first choice when I need to go collect a takeaway. 

Triumph Sprint ST looks like it’ll clock up another year with me too.