20:20(ad) vision. What will you be driving?

warren t claim

As the last decade has passed us all by at top speed and it's only nine and a bit years to the end of this one let's have some speculative musings as to what will be dropping oil on our driveways in 2020.

Obviously I'll still be owning the worlds most unsaleable 205 but what about you?

Do you own anything now that you think you'll still own in nine years?

Maybe you'll be the proud owner of a 13 year old/200,000 mile Citroen C6?

Will you be lusting after £300 Jaguar S TypeR?

Honest answers please!

By this time we might not have any oil to drop on the garage floor :( but if we ARE still okay for the black stuff, then i will have....

the panda selecta (its fun, its like a twist and go scooter with a roof), but will have around 170,000 on the clock by then :shock:.

an electric van (we have got to have them by then)

if not an electric van - a morris minor van (with a modern engine, due to those emissions rules that came into affect back in 2015 :wink: )

and probably some little classic car (maybe the A35 still)

(notice its all small engined stuff, as petrol will be something like £10 a litre by then :lol: )

By this time we might not have any oil to drop on the garage floor :(

In that case, I'm going to turn my garden into a giant pond in an effort to cultivate some algae oil. So I'll say what I always say in these threads - Rover P6 3500. If the algae gets eaten by goldfish dropped from a plane by OPEC, then I'll have a homemade lashed together electric Minor Traveller, with the back full of lead acid batteries and a top speed of 15mph.

Vectra C 3.2 GSi or Astra VX/R Nurburgring. Oh, and a Merc CLK (the older type) even though the suspension will fall off and the bodywork will dissolve before my eyes.

But in all likelihood probably something as mingebag-esque as a clapped out old Mk3 Fiasco or Corsa.

I hope I'll be able to hang on to the Blingo, as it is a top motor; it will only be 17 years old with 190000 miles up, so just nicely run in. And the way things are going, the Dyane will be celebrating both its 38th birthday and its 30th year with me, most likely still in bits in the garage... :roll:

I'll be 50 and quite probably dead either from a mahoosive coronary, or a mahoosive CVA.

On the (remote) chance Im still breathing and in charge of all my faculties - Im rather hoping to have a nice Blingo Multispazz again. Im currently trawling the ads and doing as much overtime as I can lay my grubby paws on.

Well, I suppose I might still be clanking around in a Tagora of some sort, but you probably won't be able to get any parts for them at all, so they'll be right rusty, dirty, knackered old things belching smoke everywhere and dropping bits off 'em into the road..like door handles and that sort of thing.

I'll be all grizzled wiv 'orrible rotten teeth and be wearing a flat cap and old, brown moth eaten cardi and yelling at people to "Get aaht my f**kin' road!" on my way to "Save-U-Like" for me tinned spam and sherry.

Disgusted mothers will be forced to avert their toddlers eyes!!

2020, I'll be 33... might be able to afford to insure one by then, so I'll go for a completely badgered Omega 2.5TD GLS estate which I'll probably be living in, and for shits and giggles a Perodua Nippa.

I suspect I'll still have the rotten Cavalier which'll probably still be off the road, and three Leyland Nationals. I don't plan to get rid of any of them, but likewise I don't know if I can run a TL11/680/510 on veg... must try that one day.

I'll be 47, and aside from wondering if my internal semi bet/dare to keep the Mondeo going (it's only 118,000 on it, so who knows) will run, it'll be midlife crisis time for me I believe.

The Jag S Tye R, and Chrysler 300c have been mentioned, and make my list too, as suitable transport for a discerning gent of a certain age (aye, right... :lol: ), ditto Audi S8, Bentley TurboBarge...

No, I'm going to have to stick my neck out, and say Porker 911. A 996, last of the Beetle's progeny. A proper midlife crisis car. It will of course be a money pit, and therefore well into Autoshite GT territory; and will share a garage with a Ducati 999.

By 2021, I'll be bankrupt and driving a 15 year old Daewoo Kalos.

I'll be 39 and if current trends continue the car will be about the same if not older, I passed my test 5 years ago and the first car that I did any proper mileage in was a 5 year old Y plate Megane, this has crept to a J plate BX via a slightly older car each time I change.

A 240z would be nice, but it will probably just be my VW type 2 leaking oil in the general vicinity.

If I stick with 20 year old cars maybe another Megane but this time a 2.0 Sport. I like the C4 as moderns, go so that's another possibility but with 3 teenage kids to fit in the back by then I might have to blow the finances on a C6 :D

Guest Leonard Hatred

I'll be driving a hover car in 2020, because the relentless PC brigade will ban wheels for looking like tits.

I think there'll still be plenty of petrol and diesel in 10 years, we'll just be whinging about paying £2/litre. Reckon I'll be pottering about in the nicest old fashioned diesel I can find, burning all kinds of lard, used engine oil, woodchip etc.