good friday

STUNO

I am on both extremes at the moment - nipped back home for a few days break (putting up shelves then) and I'm in my shorts on the balcony at a pleasant and sunny 27 degrees. But on Sunday I am back to site in northern Heilongjiang where the night time temperatures drop to -30. Don't try imagining it, anything less than -12 feels the same, it is just the time it takes to die that changes.

I made it rain on the windy East Midlands by spending part of the morning washing cars. This is usually done, as tradition dictates, on Sunday when one can enjoy watching the Flanders family next door going off to church. They're away this Easter, probably at a re-enactment of the Passion, or something equally pious. He's got a black BMW estate, but they haven't (yet) stuck a fish on the back.

I think I would swap the lot here for wild boar sausages and chips. ChinaTom be careful having a pee. I went to the top of Scotland once and the sun shone all the time.bloody cold thoughCar wash day for me tomrrow . Sods law will probably work.

Very good advice - always go before you venture out!Also,Do not lick poles, or be tempted to taste anything fixed outside (not so stupid, this is a sugar factory and I've seen it done)Do not open doors unless you are wearing glovesIf you venture out after everyone else has gone to bed, check many many times that you have your keys with youIt may only look like 500 yards, but your joints will freeze before you get there.Don't moan at Nokia when your phone battery lasts 20 minutesThe list is endless. The weather is turning now - we'll be breaking ground in less than a month. Then we'll fry in the 42 degree heat in the short summer.Whose idea was it to build these bloody factories here anyway?

Posted Image

Sorry- a bit late to the Easter party -

Good Friday for me and Mrs KruJoe was spent in the middle of Bangkok where I took this dodgy shot. It was mid-morning Friday - an ambient temperature display showing 36*C in the shade of Mo-Chit SkyTrain terminal. That's warm, but it's the humidity...

Imagine having a fresh cool shower, and then before you've got your body dry, you can feel yourself getting sweaty and sticky again... and that's at 6 o'clock in the morning!

The hottest season hasn't kicked in yet...

YES...I told the 85 yo widder next door when I bought this place that if I cut down her trees and set fire to her house that I would have a nice view.She said later that it took her a while to appreciate my sense of humour.I got a bloody good and cheap house though :D

My entire Bank Holiday weekend has been spent packing and moving boxes and stuff, not the greatest thing in the wind, rain and hail on Good Friday, or the snow yesterday. Magazines all ready for the journey, but brochures staying inside until the last possible moment as they're of some financial value. Man, paper is heavy. Still, Wuvvum's Transit is still doing a great job for me.With his help today, we've got to move the 323 and dead Laurel round to a local friend's awaiting collection by the trailer once I'm at the new place. Had more snow last night though, that could be interesting...

.......And poor old spottedlaurel . Why do we always choose the worst weather to move house!

It's now some kind of hail/light snow :roll: Still, at least the kids could build a snowman this morning. Anyway, mission accomplished with both cars moved to their halfway house and a big engine crane (on a semi-permanent loan to me from now) collected to lift the two Datsun motors sitting outside the garage. Thanks Wuvvum!Next job is to chuck a load of hardcore into the back of the Camry, which is proving a most useful beast of burden this weekend having already dragged the cars about this morning.