What are the chances of finding---------

RENOMAD

and you will probably wonder why I'd be bothered in finding a Genuine Original Leather inetrior from a Renault 18 Turbo. I was just looking through some old Brochures and I saw the pic of the Optional Leather, and it does/did look well. You know the story. You have done so much to your car and you've run out of ideas on what to do next and just when you are happy, then you decide to sell it....Well after trying to sell,,,adverts,phone calls,will you swop mate,,best I've seen,,have to sell my own first etc etc I've just realised that there is nothing that I would like to replace it with at the moment I'll try and prolong the ownership by now searching for some period genuine accessories like vent shades, rear seat belts, cibies, and the probably unobtainable Leather interior-------Oh the joy of the search but I probably wont find these at Beaulieu!

Posted Image

Um, the window switches etc are all on the centre console on the 18, and they didn't have electric seats so there would be no problem whatsoever in using a trim from a LHD car.

Other than the drivers seat would be mint, and the passengers one normally a bit more worn.

Did you buy the genuine Renault Boutique rubber mats??

He also has genuine mudflaps for the 18 aswell??

I,am in exactly the same poistion with the Safrane,i,ve pampered it and had all the same comments about it being the best V6 etc thats left...but i would love to get some period extras,but remember this is a car sold between 1992-96 and i,am finding it impossible to find anything,even rubber mats,bootliner,i to have cloth which is very rare in a v6 RXE but it has the inflatable seats and electric front and rear seats,but i would like to find a leather set,i have the headrests/armrests,but no seats...been looking for years(they dropped the electric rear seat quickly,and ergomatic front seats was an option)so to get all the toys is mega rare...

You must remember that the leather i would guess would be very dry and may well be split after so long,but finding a set is going to be difficult,a french trip is a good idea if you can get something lined up??

I spend almost as long on French E-bay as the english site(can,t read french though)and they do like there old Renaults,so it might be worth looking on there??

I REALLY want to go to france again for a few bits for the Safrane,one day.

I actually didnt get a chance to email him---TBH I completely forgot. I thought that I had a buyer. He keep emailing me to say he was interested and was going to make me an offer so when I told him to make me an offer he never did and this drsgged on for about a week!

My own interior has the same type seats, just in cloth. Dont really wnat to sacrifice it just in case I'm not happy with the results!

Actually I think I'm going to need a new Carburettor also(solex 32dis). I keep having to adjust it after every trip. It doesnt like part throttle. Starts perfect, idles lovely, no problem when floored, but on part throttle is hegs, bucks etc etc, which is not nice when trying to maintain a constant speed. I have put in all new diaphragms, seals, accelerator jet but still no better.

Anybody got any ideas on this as its driving me crazy :x