An old friend for sale: 1989 323F GT

Spottedlaurel

Passing through a local village recently, I saw our old Mazda for sale!

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's on a G-plate, towbar fitted, and to be honest doesn't look that much worse than when I sold it three or so years ago for a paltry £300 with T&T and FSH, and a spares car. Got the nearly-140bhp engine, it went very well! He's after £100 for it, no T&T.

He actually had it for sale not long after I bought it and I saw it back then, he seems to be a retired guy who dabbles with selling stuff at home and it ended up with him, then got sold to someone in the next village down and he must've taken it back in again.

I'm a bit skint this month and the JDM Laurel is nearly done so I really can't take on another car right now, otherwise I'd have taken pity. Anyone else interested?

Didn't have much have a look at it, was on the way doing family stuff. He was reckoning on spending about £150 on it. MoT at £50 and selling it for £300.He said the local lads who do like it all struggle with insurance on it, hence he can't get much for it. Might be worth a cheeky offer?Yes, they are quick! We liked it a lot, but found it just wasn't suited to child-carrying duties - boot sill too high, doors too swoopy for getting seats in and out easily. Do wish I still had it, but like I say time not right now.GT's always were scarce, still see quite a few normal ones around though.I'll PM you the number.

Yep - some spoon (not me!) put a grille on it. Hate it when they do that.I think that provided the visible rust on the 323F doesn't translate into horrors beneath, a bit of time with a polishing mop and some G3 and someone will have a nice little car. Is the engine the same as the MX-5 1.8 then?

• 6 years later...

Is that mine?

No, it's FASTER THAN YOURS.

Pre-cat, had another 10 BHP.  Might even have had A/C and heated seats (the only options yours doesn't have.)

BTW, did you receive the PM I sent somewhere? I've discovered I still have the handbook here, pop in if you're nearby.