More Shite aquired

pogweasel

Aye, that's the R6 Mr Flakes!I got it from Rob @ Chevronics, one of his 'pet' cars... he's having a bit of a cull (17 is too many apparently) so I was pleased to give it a new home. We had a chat about the R6, it's a beautiful bit of tin. Only 4 left on the road, allegedly! Must own one at some point!!!!!Wuvvum / BS6... This one will be a runner, once I get a new starter motor for it (I could hand crank it, but there's no handle). Needs a wheel cylinder on the back but that's easy enough... it has c0ck all effort on the OSR wheel. Well it HAD c0ck all, it decided to lock itself solid the second I took it of the towing frame, meaning I had to connect it all back up again to push it into it's space. ARSE!It'll need a bit of wag on the OSR wing just to fill a hole (pointy edges) then it should be ok for an MoT. My '64 Supa Minks is currently 'resting' while I save up enough pfennigs to have sorted and / or learn to weld. After tracking down the elusive bits to make it stop, we discovered some rather unpleasant holes & previous bodgery on the underside - to have this corrected professionally will cost £600!!!!So with a little luck, I can sort this one cheaply then punt it on with MoT for enough to sort the '64 out with properly. It would be nice to 'combine' the two. The '64 has a much nicer 'period feel' than this, all two tone & americana where this is more restrained. But this one has the bigger capacity engine better suited to normal use... what a dilemma.

That gave me shivers up the spine!!!!It's identical to my very first car ever.EFN 636C what happened to you???Is this the 1592 or the 1725 cast iron unit?Would you sell it for very little??? (I have no money) or swap it for my "beautiful" Arstra Inastate? No? Well I tried..............Azure blue, colour code 57 IIRCCheers Pog, You made my day!

well done, never enough Rootes tat being acquired on here

True enough. I thought I'd add to the total myself and had a punt on this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and ended up as the only bidder. I know virtually nothing about it - there was very little detail in the description - but it looks to have been dry stored for some time so hopefully won't be too rotten. And for 50 quid I don't think I can go far wrong.

Yes Reg, it is the East Coast mainline. The pics there are taken at Chevronics HQ adjacent to Arlesey station, but I actually had to collect the car from their other place at Wilbury Way Hitchin. Like a D0RK, I forgot to take a camera for the other shite there.

Yes Reg, it is the East Coast mainline. The pics there are taken at Chevronics HQ adjacent to Arlesey station, but I actually had to collect the car from their other place at Wilbury Way Hitchin. Like a D0RK, I forgot to take a camera for the other shite there.

Next time eh! I'm relying on you to back up what I know from memory. Mind you, in the current Practical Classics, one of the Rust in Peace contributors is from Hitchin - I'm tempted to email them & get them to see if a few things are still there for me or see if they know about them! Will be interesting.